|Vg Assoc Prof Ang Lay Kee Ricky|
Visiting Associate Professor
Division of Microelectronics
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4228
- PhD University of Michigan 1999
- MS University of Michigan 1996
- BS National Tsing Hua University 1994
|Prof L. K. Ang is currently a tenured Associate Professor in the Division of Microelectonics, under the School of EEE. He received his Bachelor degree from National Tsing Hua University in Hsinchu (Taiwan), Master and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Michigan respectively. After spending two years as a Director Postdoctoral Fellow in the Applied Physics Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, he jointed NTU as an Assistant Professor at September 2001. His current research interests include all aspects of electron and photon interaction with surrounding structures (electron emission from cathode, charge injection through a contact, electron transport in laser-plasma system, laser excitation on materias, plasmonic and casimiar effect on nanodevices), and modeling of compact high power coherent radiation sources in THz and X-ray. He has published over 35 journal papers including Physical Review Letters and Applied Physics Letters. He is a member of American Physics Society and IEEE. He is also a member of the editor board of the Open Plasma Physics Journal.|
|The details can be founded in his web page: http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/elkang/|
|Research Grant |
- Office of Naval Research Global, USA (2011-2013) [by Office of Naval Research Global, USA]
|Current Projects |
- Theory and Modelling of Ultrafast Laser Excited Electron Photo-Field Emission
- Theory of Ultrafast Laser Induced High Current and High Power Electron Beam
- M Pant, and L. K. Ang. (2010). Shape dependence of the intrinsic quantum shot noise suppression of electron field emission. Journal of Applied Physics, 107(9).
- H. S. Lim, S. P. Lau, L. K. Ang, G. F. You, M. Tanemura, K. Yamaguchi, M. Zamri, and M. Yusop. (2008). Field emission from a single carbon nanofiber at sub 100 nm gap. Applied Physics Letters, 93, 023131.
- W. S. Koh, and L. K. Ang. (2008). Quantum model of space-charge-limited field emission in a nanogap. Nanotechnology, 19, 235402.
- W. Lin, L. K. Ang, and W. S. Koh. (2008). Theory of shot noise in high current space charge limited field emission. Physical Review B, 77, 115351.
- W. Chandra, L. K. Ang, K. L. Pey and C. M. Ng. (2007). Two dimensional analytical Mott-Gurney law for a trap-filled solid. Applied Physics Letters, 90, 153505.