|Assoc Prof Kong Ling Bing |
Division of Materials Science
School of Materials Science & Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5032
- PhD Xi'an Jiaotong University 1997
- MSc The Univ of Sci & Technology of China 1992
- BSc Anhui Educational College 1989
|He obtained his PhD, MSc, and BSc degrees from Xi’an Jiaotong University, The University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), and Anhui Educational Institute, P. R. China, in 1997, 1992 and 1989, respectively. He joined the School of Electric and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) of Singapore, in Jan 1998, as a Postdoctoral Fellow. Two years late, he moved to the School of Materials Science and Engineering, NTU, as a Research Fellow. He joined the Temasek Laboratories, National University of Singapore (TL@NUS), as a Research Scientist, in Apr. 2002. He was promoted to be Senior Research Scientist in 2009. He was head of the Advanced Materials Group during his service in TL@NUS. He joined the School of Materials and Engineering, NTU, as an Associate Professor, in Feb. 2012. His research interests include processing and characterization of functional ceramics, electromagnetic composite materials and advanced nanomaterials.|
|Processing and characterization of functional ceramics, electromagnetic composite materials and advanced nanomaterials.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-)
|Current Projects |
- Newly microstructed mullite ceramics for multiple applications
- Q. Zhang, J. W. Zhai, L. B. Kong. (2012). Relaxor ferroelectric materials for microwave tunable applications. Journal of Advanced Dielectrics, 2(1), 1230002.
- T. S. Zhang, L. B. Kong, Z. H. Du, J. Ma and S. Li. (2010). In situ interlocking structure in gel-derived mullite matrix induced by mechanoactivated commercial mullite powders. Scripta Materialia, 63(11), 1132-1135.
- T. S. Zhang, L. B. Kong, Z. H. Du, J. Ma J. and S. Li. (2010). Tailoring the microstructure of mechanoactivated Al2O3 and SiO2 mixtures with TiO2 addition. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 506(2), 777-783.
- L. B. Kong, S. Li, T. S. Zhang, J. W. Zhai, F. Y. C. Boey, J. Ma. (2010). Electrically tunable dielectric materials and strategies to improve their performances. Progress in Materials Science, 55(8), 840-893.
- L. B. Kong, T. S. Zhang, J. Ma, F. Y. C. Boey. (2008). Progress in synthesis of ferroelectric ceramic materials via high-energy mechanochemical techniques. Progress in Materials Science, 53(2), 207-322.