|Assistant Professor Elbert Chia is currently in the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Division of Physics and Applied Physics, since October 2007. He received his B.Sc (Hons) 1st Class, in Mathematics from University of Auckland, New Zealand, then Postgraduate Diploma of Education (Secondary) with Distinction from the National Institute of Education, NTU. Dr Chia then obtained his MS and Ph.D. degrees in Physics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA, and was a G. T. Seaborg Postdoctoral Fellow in Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA. His research interests include ultrafast quasiparticle dynamics of strongly correlated electron systems, and penetration depth studies of unconventional superconductors. He has published over 15 peer-reviewed journal papers, including five in Physical Review Letters. Dr. Chia is a reviewer of Physical Review Letters and Physical Review B, and is a member of American Physical Society and Optical Society of America.|
- Elucidating the mechanism of high-Tc superconductivity using ultrafast optical spectroscopy
- Interface Science and Technology
- Quantum Transport and Optical Spectroscopy Studies of Topological Insulator
- Rational Design and Ultrafast Probe of Functionalities in Expitaxial Nanocomposites
- Xingquan Zou, Jingzhi Shang, Jianing Leaw, Zhiqiang Luo, Liyan Luo, Chan La-o-vorakiat, Liang Cheng, S. A. Cheong, Haibin Su, Jian-Xin Zhu, Yanpeng Liu, Kian Ping Loh, A. H. Castro Neto, Ting Yu, and Elbert E. M. Chia. (2013). Terahertz conductivity of twisted bilayer graphene. Physical Review Letters, 110, 067401.
- X. Q. Zou, J. S. Luo, D. W. Lee, C. W. Cheng, D. Springer, S. K. Nair, S. A. Cheong, H. J. Fan, and Elbert E. M. Chia. (2012). Temperature-dependent terahertz conductivity of tin oxide nanowire films. Journal of Physics D-Applied Physics, 45, 465101.
- Saritha K. Nair, J.-X. Zhu, J. L. Sarrao, A. J. Taylor, and Elbert E. M. Chia. (2012). Coherent energy scale revealed by ultrafast dynamics of UX3 (X=Al, Sn, Ga) single crystals. Physical Review B, 86, 115103.
- X. Y. Tee, H. G. Luo, T. Xiang, D. Vandervelde, M. B. Salamon, H. Sugawara, H. Sato, C. Panagopoulos, and Elbert E. M. Chia. (2012). Penetration depth study of LaOs4Sb12: Multiband s-wave superconductivity. Physical Review B, 86, 064518.
- Jianmin Tao, Rohit P. Prasankumar, Elbert E. M. Chia, Antoinette J. Taylor, and Jian-Xin Zhu. (2012). Theory of ultrafast quasiparticle dynamics in high-temperature superconductors: The dependence on pump fluence. Physical Review B, 85, 144302.