|Assoc Prof Mao Kezhi |
Division of Control & Instrumentation
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4284
- PhD University of Sheffield 1998
- ME Northeastern University 1992
- BE Shandong Univ of Building Materials 1989
|Dr Mao received his BEng, MEng and PhD from Jinan University, Northeastern University and Sheffield University in 1989, 1992 and 1998, respectively. He started his academic career as a Lecturer at Northeastern University in 1992. Sponsored by Overseas Research Student Awards of Committee of Vice-Chancellors and Principals of the Universities of UK, Dr Mao went to University of Sheffield to study for his PhD in June 1995 and completed in March 1998. He was a Research Associate at University of Sheffield from April 1998 to September 1998, a Research Fellow at Nanyang Technological University from September 1998 to May 2001. Dr Mao has been a faculty member of School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering since June 2001, and now he is an Associate Professor.|
|Computational Intelligence, Pattern Recognition, Medical Image Processing and Analysis, Bioinformatics|
|Research Grant |
- Asian Office Aerospace Research and Development (2013-2014) [by Asian Office of Aerospace Research and Development (AOARD)]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2009-2012) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
|Current Projects |
- Adaptive & Intelligence Manager for Classification System
- Fusion and Sense Making of Heterogeneous Sensor Network and Other Sources
- Guoqi Li, Changyun Wen, Zheng Guo Li, Aimin Zhang, Feng Yang and K.Z. Mao. (2013). Model-Based Online Learning With Kernels. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 24(3), 356 - 369.
- Feng Yang and K.Z. Mao. (2013). Improving Robustness of Gene Ranking by Multi-criterion Combination with Novel Gene Importance Transformation. International Journal of Data Mining and Bioinformatics, 7(1), 22-37.
- Feng Yang and K.Z. Mao. (2011). Robust Feature Selection for Microarray Data Based on Multi-criterion. IEEE-ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, 8(4), 1080-1092.
- K.Z. Mao and Wenyin Tang. (2011). Recursive Mahalanobis Separability Measure for Gene Subset Selection,. IEEE-ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, 8(1), 266-272.
- Y. Teng, H.S. Ang, K.Z. Mao, J. Lui, J. Lin, L.-L. Yue, H.L. Loh, G. Chiang, G. Yip and P.H. Tan. (2009). Glomerular Basement Membrane Thickness in An Asian Population Using a Novel Image Analysis Software. Pathology, 41(4), 342-347.