|Assoc Prof Chan Kap Luk|
Division of Information Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5396
- DIC PhD University of London, Imperial Coll. 1991
- BEng(Hons) University of London, Queen Mary Coll. 1987
|Prof Chan Kap Luk is currently in the School of EEE since 1992. He received his Bachelor degree in Electronic Engineering from Queen Mary College of University of London, UK, and Ph.D. degrees from the Iperial College of University of London, UK, respectively. His research interests include computer vision, and machine learning. He has done significant research work his research areas and published over 40 top quality international conference and journal papers. He has been often invited as a committe member or referee and reviewer for a number of premier conferences and journals, including ICCV, CVPR, IEEE-TPAMI etc. Dr. Chan is a member of IEEE, IET and PREMIA.|
|Prof Chan Kap Luk's areas of expertise are Image Analysis and Computer Vision , Image and Video Retrieval, and Biomedical Signal/Image Analysis for Computer Assisted Diagnosis System (CADS). His current research works focus on Perceptual grouping using statistical learning methods, Machine Learning in computer vision and pattern recognition, Perceptual grouping using statistical learning methods, Human detection, tracking, recognition and behaviour analysis, 3D scene reconstruction from multiple views, computer vision for human computer interaction, Region-based image/video search, Image Classification, Learning of user's perception through relevance feedback Tumor extraction from MRI/CT and Retina Image Analysis.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2012-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
|Current Projects |
- Bayesian Tracking and Reasoning Over Time with Applications to Intelligent Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Surveillance
- Electronic Healthcare Design and Development
- Lei Wang, Ping Xue, Kap Luk Chan. (2008). Two Criteria for Model Selection in Multiclass Support vector Machines. IEEE Transactions on Systems Man and Cybernetics Part B-Cybernetics, 38(6), 1432-1448.
- Lei Wang, Kap Luk Chan, Ping Xue, Luping Zhou. (2008). A Kernel-induced Space Selection Approach to Model Selection in KLDA. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 19(12), 2116-2131.
- Wei Huang, Kap Luk Chan, Yan Gao, Jiayin Zhou, Vincent Chong. (2008). 11th International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention, MICCAI 2008; New York, USA: Semi-supervised Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Lesion Extraction from Magnetic Resonance Images using Online Spectral Clustering with a Learned Metric. (pp. 51-58)United States: Springer Berlin / Heidelberg.
- Wen Fang and Kap Luk Chan. (2007). Incorporating shape prior into geodesic active contours for detecting partially occluded object. Pattern Recognition, 40(8), 2163-2172.
- Lei Wang, Yan Gao, Kap Luk Chan, Ping Xue, Wei-Yun Yau. (2005). IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, ICCV 2005; Beijing, PEOPLES R CHINA: Retrieval with Knowledge-driven Kernel Design: An Approach to Improving SVM-based CBIR with Relevance Feedback. (pp. 1355-1362)CHINA.