|Assoc Prof Teh Kah Chan|
Assistant Chair (Undergraduate Studies), School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Fellow, Renaissance Engineering Programme
Division of Communication Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5365
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 1999
- BEng(Hons) Nanyang Technological University 1995
|Prof Teh Kah Chan received his BEng and PhD degrees in Electrical Engineering from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, in 1995 and 1999, respectively. From December 1998 to July 1999, he was with Center for Wireless Communications, Singapore, as a Staff R&D Engineer. Since July 1999, he has been with NTU where he is currently an Associate Professor in the Division of Communication Engineering. Concurrently, he is also appointed as Assistant Chair (Undergraduate Studies) for the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering. He has published more than 40 internationally refereed journal papers. His research interests are in the areas of signal processing for communications, interference suppression for spread-spectrum communication systems and multi-user detection for CDMA systems. Dr. Teh is a senior member of IEEE.|
|Prof Teh Kah Chan's areas of expertise and research interests are as follows:
1. Signal Processing for Communications
2. Performance Analyses for Spread Spectrum (Direct-Sequence and Frequency-Hopped) Communication Systems
3. Multi-user Detection for Code-division Multiple-Access Systems
4. Interference Suppression for Ultra-Wideband Communication Systems
5. Cognitive Radio
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2010-2013) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech) (2012-2015) [by Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech)]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2010-2013) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2011-2013) [by Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech), Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- BER Performance Enhancement for HF Waveforms
- Energy-Efficient Cognitive Radios For Future Wireless Networks
- Exploiting the Potential of Cooperation in Wireless Communication Networks
- FH Communication Systems Research
- MIMO and MIMO-STAP Processing
- Y Pei, Y C Liang, K C Teh, and K H Li. (2009). How much time is needed for wideband spectrum sensing?. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 8(11), 5466-5471.
- J Zhang, K C Teh, and K H Li. (2009). Error probability analysis of FFH/MFSK receivers over frequency-selective Rician-fading channels with partial-band-noise jamming. IEEE Transactions on Communications, 57(10), 2880-2885.
- Z Qin and K C Teh. (2008). A low-complexity soft-input/soft-output multiuser detector based on local search algorithms. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 7(12), 5257-5262.
- X Liu, K C Teh and E Gunawan. (2007). Interference identification and blind multiuser detection for asynchronous CDMA systems with multipath fading. IEEE Transactions on Communications, 55(12), 2257-2260.
- Y Han and K C Teh. (2007). Performance study of asynchronous FFH/MFSK communications using various diversity-combining techniques with MAI modeled as Alpha-Stable process. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 6(5), 1615-1618.