|Dr Soon Ing Yann received his BEng (1st class honours) and MSc degrees in Electrical Engineering from the National University of Singapore in 1988 and 1991, respectively. He received his PhD from Nanyang Technological University in 2003. He started work as an engineer in Chartered Industries of Singapore in 1987 and was promoted to senior engineer in 1989. He left Chartered Industries of Singapore in 1991 and became a faculty member of Nanyang Technological University, where he begun his academic career as a lecturer and became an assistant professor in 1999. He was promoted to the current title of associate professor in 2001. Dr Soon has published 23 research papers in international refereed journals and 26 papers in the proceedings of international conferences. He is also a reviewer for many international journals such as IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, IEEE Transactions Speech and Audio Processing, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, IES journal, Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing Journal, IEE Proc. Vision, Image & Signal Processing and ISRAEL SCIENCE FOUNDATION|
- Speaker Independent Continuous Speech Recognition.
- Chai Kiat Yeo, Bu Sung Lee, Ing Yann Soon, Yang Xia, Zoebir, Yuanyuan Mao. (2013). IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference 2013 (CCNC): Dual-Metric Hybrid Protocol for Application Level Multicast for Live Video Streaming. IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference 2013 (CCNC)Las Vegas, USA: IEEE.
- Lei Baiying, Soon Ing Yann, Zhou Fu, Li Zhen, Lei H. (2012). A Robust Audio Watermarking Scheme Based on Lifting Wavelet Transform and Singular Value Decomposition. Signal Processing, 92(9), 1985-2001.
- Peng Dai, Ing Yann Soon. (2012). A temporal frequency warped (TFW) 2D psychoacoustic filter for robust speech recognition system. Speech Communication, 54(3), 402-413.
- Baiying Lei, Ing Yann Soon. (2012). A multipurpose audio watermarking algorithm with synchronization and encryption. Journal of Zhejiang University Science C, 13(1), 11-19.
- P. Dai, I. Y. Soon. (2011). Proceedings of International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing (ICICS 2011),: An adaptive soft voice activity detector for automatic speech recognition system. International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing (ICICS 2011),Singapore.