|Assoc Prof Chong Han Joo Peter|
Assistant Head, Division of Communication Engineering
Division of Communication Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4437
- PhD University of British Columbia 2000
- MASc Unversity of British Columbia 1996
- BEng(Distn) Technical University of Nova Scotia 1993
- BSc(Magna Cum Lauda) Saint Mary's University 1990
|Peter H. J. Chong received the B.Eng. (with distinction) in electrical engineering from the Technical University of Nova Scotia, Halifax, NS, Canada, in 1993, and the M.A.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada, in 1996 and 2000, respectively.
Between July 2000 and January 2001, he worked in the Advanced Networks Division at Agilent Technologies Canada Inc., Vancouver, BC, Canada. From February 2001 to May 2002, he was with the Radio Communications Laboratory at Nokia Research Center, Helsinki, Finland, and was involved in research on WCDMA and standardization for HSDPA. During his stay in Finland, he has taught part of a graduate course in WCDMA at the Helsinki University of Technology, Helsinki, Finland. Since May 2002, he has been with the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, where he is an Assistant Professor. He was a Technical Program Committee Chair for Mobility Conference 2005 and 2006 and a General Chair of Mobility Conference 2007 and 2008. He served as a Guest Editor of Journal of Internet Technology in 2006, International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing in 2007 and IEEE Communications Magazine for the Special Issue on ‘Technologies in Multihop Cellular Network’ in 2007. He is an Editorial Board Member of Security and Communication Networks and an Editor of Far East Journal of Electronics and Communications. His research interests are in the areas of mobile communications systems including, channel assignment schemes, radio resource management and multiple access, MANET and multihop cellular networks.
|mobile communications, resource allocation, radio resource management, multiple access, mobile ad hoc networks and multihop cellular networks|
|Research Grant |
- Defence Science and Technology Agency (2011-2014) [by MINDEF - Defence Science & Technology Agency (DSTA)]
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2012-2014) [by Nanyang Technological University, Ministry of Defense (MINDEF)]
- NRF CREATE (2012-2017) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
|Current Projects |
- Distributed Dynamic Multi-radio Channel Assignment for Opportunities Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
- Research and Exploratory Development on Distruption/ Delay Tolerant Networking
- Singapore-Berkeley Building Efficiency and Sustainability in the Tropics
- Xue Jun Li, Peter Han Joo Chong. (2009). A medium access control scheme for TDD-CDMA cellular networks with two-hop relay architecture. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 8(5), 2280-2285.
- M Yang and P H J Chong. (2009). Uplink Capacity Analysis for TDD CDMA Multihop Cellular System. IEEE Transactions on Communications, 57(2), 509-519.
- X J Li, B C Seet and P H J Chong. (2008). Multihop Cellular Networks: Technology and Economics. Computer Networks, 52(9), 1825-1837.
- X J LiP H J Chong. (2008). A Dynamic Channel Assignment Scheme for TDMA-based Multihop Cellular Networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 7(6), 1999-2003.
- X J Li and P H J Chong. (2008). Dynamic Channel Assignment for Multihop Cellular Networks with Any Reuse Factors. IEEE Communications Letters, 12(5), 346-348.