|Dr. Emma Hill is a geodesist specializing in using the geodetic observing system to measure natural hazards and climate change. She received her B.Sc. in Surveying and Mapping Science from the University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK, where she studied the technical aspects of geodesy. Her Ph.D. in Geophysics was obtained from the University of Nevada, Reno, USA, where she used the Global Positioning System to study tectonic deformation in Nevada and California. During her time as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, Dr. Hill used the global tide gauge network and an ocean general circulation model to study seasonal and long-term changes in sea level. Most recently, Dr. Hill was employed as a Geodesist (Research Scientist) at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, where she worked on a wide range of problems that included melting glaciers, sea-level rise, GRACE satellite gravity, and high-precision GPS. Dr. Hill is now employed as an Assistant Professor at the Earth Observatory of Singapore, where she will be using geodetic data to study natural hazards and climate change for the regions of South and Southeast Asia. Dr. Hill is a member of the Council of the American Geophysical Union, and Chair of the UNAVCO Education and Outreach Advisory Committee. Awards include the AGU Outstanding Student Presentation Award (2002) and a Zonta Amelia Earhart Fellowship (2001, 2002).|
- Feng, Lujia; Hill, Emma M.; Elósegui, Pedro; Qiu, Qiang; Hermawan, Iwan; Banerjee, Paramesh; Sieh, Kieh. (2015). Hunt for slow slip events along the Sumatran subduction zone in a decade of continuous GPS data. Journal of Geophysical research, 120(12), 8623–8632.
- Tsang, L.L.H., A.J. Meltzner, E.M. Hill, J.T. Freymueller, and K. Sieh. (2015). A paleogeodetic record of variable interseismic rates and megathrust coupling at Simeulue Island, Sumatra. Geophysical Research Letters, 42(24), 10585-10594.
- Tsang, Louisa L. H.; Meltzner, Aron J.; Philibosian, Belle; Hill, Emma M.; Freymueller, Jeffrey T.; Sieh, Kerry. (2015). A 15 year slow-slip event on the Sunda megathrust offshore Sumatra. Geophysical Research Letters, 42, 6630-6638.
- Meltzner, A.J., K. Sieh, H.-W. Chiang, C.-C. Wu, L.L.H. Tsang, C.-C. Shen, E.M. Hill, B.W. Suwargadi, D.H. Natawidjaja, B. Philibosian, and R.W. Briggs. (2015). Time-varying interseismic strain rates and similar seismic ruptures on the Nias-Simeulue patch of the Sunda megathrust.. Quaternary Science Reviews, 122, 258-281.
- Meltzner, Aron J.; Sieh, Kerry; Chiang, Hong-Wei; Wu, Chung-Che; Tsang, Louisa L. H.; Shen, Chuan-Chou; Hill, Emma M.; Suwargadi, Bambang W.; Natawidjaja, Danny H.; Philibosian, Belle; Briggs, Richard W. (2015). Time-varying interseismic strain rates and similar seismic ruptures on the Nias-Simeulue patch of the Sunda megathrust. Quaternary Science Reviews, 122, 258-281.