|Assoc Prof Erry Gunawan |
Division of Communication Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5392
- PhD University of Bradford 1988
- MBA University of Bradford 1984
- BSc(Hons) University of Leeds 1983
|Prof Erry Gunawan has been in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering since 1989. He received his Bachelor degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the University of Leeds, Master in Business Administration and Ph.D. degrees both from the University of Bradford. His research interests include channel coding, wireless communications, spread-spectrum communications and CDMA, powerline communications, UWB communications, OFDM, radio-locations, MAC protocol and the applications of UWB for RADAR and medical imaging. He has done significant research work his research areas and published over 130 top quality international conference and journal papers. He has been often invited as a reviewer for a number of premier conferences and journals, including IEEE Transactions on Communications, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, IEEE Communications Letters, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, etc. Dr. Gunawan is a member of IEEE.|
|Assoc Prof Erry Gunawan's areas of expertise are in digital wireless communications systems, powerline communications, channel coding, spread-spectrum communications and CDMA, OFDM, MAC protocol and radio-locations. His current research works focus on the applications of UWB for RADAR and medical imaging and MIMO wireless communications.|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council - Public Sector Funding (2012-2015) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- NTU Internal Funding – Nanyang Institute of Technology in Health & Medicine (NITHM) (2011-2013) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Cost-Benefit Analysis for Smart Grid in Singapore
- UWB Monitoring System for Sleep Studies
- B. Sivaneasan, K. Nandha Kumar, P. L. So, and E. Gunawan. (2012). Proc. 10th International Power and Energy Conference (IPEC 2012): A hybrid PLC-WiMAX based communication system for advanced metering infrastructure.Vietnam.
- B. Sivaneasan, P. L. So, and E. Gunawan. (2011). A new routing protocol for PLC-based AMR systems. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 26(4), 2613–2620.
- Joshua Chong Yue Lai, Cheong Boon Soh, Erry Gunawan, and Kay Soon Low. (2011). Ultra-wideband pulse-based microwave imaging for breast cancer detection: experimental issues and compensationsUltra Wideband Communications: Novel Trends..
- J.C. Lai,Y. Xu, E. Gunawan, C.P. Chua, A. Maskooki, Y.L. Guan, K. S. Low, C. B. Soh,C. L. Poh. (2011). Wireless Sensing of Human Respiratory Parameters by Low-Power Ultra-Wideband Impulse Radio Radar. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, 60(3), 928-938.
- J. C. Y. Lai, C. B. Soh, E. Gunawan, and K. S. Low. (2011). UWB Microwave Imaging for Breast Cancer Detection --- Experiments with Heterogeneous Breast Phantoms. Progress In Electromagnetics Research, 16, 19-29.