|Assoc Prof Bi Guoan |
Division of Information Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4823
- PhD University of Essex 1988
- MSc University of Essex 1985
- BS Dalian Institute of Technology 1982
|Bi Guoan received the B.Sc degree in Radio communications, Dalian University of Technology, P. R. China, 1982, M.Sc degree in Telecommunication Systems and Ph.D degree in Electronics Systems, Essex University, UK, 1985 and 1988, respectively. Between 1988 and 1990,he was a research fellow at the University of Surrey, U.K.. Since 1991, he has been with the school of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.|
|Algorithm development for signal analysis and processing with various applications, transforms and their fast algorithms, signal analysis and processing methods. Applications for radar and communications|
|Research Grant |
- Defence Innovative Research Programme (2009-2014) [by MINDEF - Defence Science & Technology Agency (DSTA)]
- Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech) (2012-2014) [by Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech)]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2010-2013) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2013-2014) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- Defence Science and Technology Agency (2010-2012)
|Current Projects |
- Advanced Modulation Classification for Communication System
- Advanced Modulation Classification for Communication System II
- Development of An Adaptive Wideband Waveform for Dynamic Spectrum Access (Phase 2)
- Project Harmonica
- SAR Moving Target Imaging
- Y. Xiao, G. Bi and D. Niyato,. (2011). Game theoretic analysis for spectrum sharing with multi-hop relaying. IEEE Wireless Communications, 10(5), 1527-1537.
- X. Lv, G. Bi and C. Wan. (2011). The Group Lasso for Stable Recovery of Block-Sparse Signal Representations. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 59(4), 1371-1382.
- G. Bi and S. K. Mitra. (2011). Sampling Rate Conversion in the Frequency Domain. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 28(3), 140-145.
- L. Liu, Y. L. Guan, G. Bi and D. Shao. (2011). Effect of Carrier Frequency Offset on Single-Carrier CDMA with Frequency Domain Equalization. IEEE Trans Vehicular Technology, 60(1), 174-184.
- G. Bi, Y. Ju and X. LI. (2008). Fast Algorithms For Polynomial Time-Frequency Transform Of Real-Valued Sequence. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 56(5), 1905 - 1915.