|Assoc Prof Huang Guangbin|
Division of Control & Instrumentation
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4489
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 1999
- ME Northeastern University 1994
- BSc Northeastern University 1991
|Dr Huang Guangbin received the B.Sc degree in applied mathematics and M.Eng degree in computer engineering from Northeastern University, P. R. China, in 1991 and 1994, respectively, and Ph.D degree in electrical engineering from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 1999. During undergraduate period, he also concurrently studied in Wireless Communication department of Northeastern University, P. R. China.
From June 1998 to May 2001, he worked as Research Fellow in Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (formerly known as Gintic Institute of Manufacturing Technology) where he has led/implemented several key industrial projects and also built up two R&D labs: Communication Information Technologies Lab and Mobile Communication Lab. He was the chief architect for several significant industrial projects including (Singapore Airlines) SATS Cargo Terminal 5 Information Tracking System. From May 2001, he has been working as an Assistant Professor and Associate Professor (tenured) in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. He was a member of the Emergent Technologies Technical Committee of IEEE Computational Intelligence Society. He is a member of the Committee on Membership Development of IEEE Singapore Chapter. He serves as session chair, track chair and plenary talk chair for several international conferences. He is currently an associate editor of Neurocomputing, and IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics – Part B. He is a senior member of IEEE.
|Extreme Learning Machine, computational intelligence theories, machine learning applications in bioinformatics, human-computer interface, image processing, and robot control|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-2015) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2013-2014) [by Nanyang Technological University, Ministry of Defense (MINDEF)]
- Microsoft Research (2013-2017) [by Microsoft Research]
- NTU Internal Funding - EEE (2013-2014) [by School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering]
|Current Projects |
- Brain-Inspired Opinion Mining and Sentiment Analysis (BIOMSA)
- Extreme Learning Machine for Clustering in Large Data Analytics
- GPU and Hardware Implementation of Extreme Learning Machine for Super Large Data Analytics
- Online Learning Model with Confidence Level
- G.-B. Huang and L. Chen,. (2007). Convex Incremental Extreme Learning Machine. Neurocomputing, 70(16-18), 3056-3062.
- G.-B. Huang, P. Saratchandran, and N. Sundararajan. (2007). A Generalized Growing And Pruning RBF (GGAP-RBF) Neural Network for Function Approximation. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 16(1), 57-67.
- G.-B. Huang, Q.-Y. Zhu and C.-K. Siew. (2006). Extreme Learning Machine: Theory and Applications. Neurocomputing, 70(1-3), 489-501.
- N.-Y. Liang, G.-B. Huang, P. Saratchandran, and N. Sundararajan. (2006). A Fast and Accurate On-line Sequential Learning Algorithm for Feedforward Networks. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 17(6), 1411-1423.
- G.-B. Huang, L. Chen, and C.-K. Siew. (2006). Universal Approximation Using Incremental Constructive Feedforward Networks with Random Hidden Nodes. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 17(4), 879-892.