|Assoc Prof Tan Eng Leong |
Division of Communication Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6190
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2000
- BEng(Hons) University of Malaya 1996
|Dr Tan Eng Leong received the B.Eng. degree (first class honors) from the University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and the Ph.D. degree from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. From 1991 to 1992, he was a Research Assistant at the University of Malaya. From 1991 to 1994, he worked part time at Commercial Network Corporations Sdn. Bhd., Malaysia. From 1999 to 2002, he was a Member of Technical Staff at the Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore, where he also conducted part-time MSc lecture at ECE Dept., National University of Singapore. Since 2002, he joined the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, where he is now an Associate Professor. He has also been the Programme Director for MSc.(Communications Engineering) since 2006. His research interests and experience are in the areas of electromagnetics/optics, acoustics and circuits, in particular: ADI/LOD/SS-FDTD and their most efficient fundamental implicit schemes; electromagnetic propagation in multilayered bianisotropic media; RFID and SAW/BAW; diffraction gratings and periodic structures; UWB circuit design; characterization and circuit modeling of EMC/EMI on high-speed PCB; remote sensing of tropical forests. To date, he has published more than 50 international journal papers and book chapters, for most of which he is the principal author. He is a senior member of IEEE.|
|Computational electromagnetics/optics/acoustics - FDTD, ADI/LOD/SS, fundamental implicit schemes; RF/Microwave IC; SAW/BAW; Photonic crystals, phononic crystals|
|Research Grant |
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2012-2016) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2013-2014) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- NTU Internal Funding - EEE (2013-2014) [by School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering]
|Current Projects |
- Big-data Computing System: A 3-D IC Perspective
- GNSS Ionospheric Scintillation Studies
- Tomographic Estimation of The Lonosphere for HF Single Site Localization
- E. L. Tan. (2008). Fundamental Schemes for Efficient Unconditionally Stable Implicit Finite-Difference Time-Domain Methods. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 56(1), 170-177.
- E. L. Tan. (2007). Concise Current Source Implementation for Efficient 3-D ADI-FDTD Method. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, 17(11), 748-750.
- E. L. Tan. (2007). Matrix Algorithms for Modeling Acoustic Waves in Piezoelectric Multilayers. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, 54(10), 2016-2023.
- E. L. Tan. (2007). Unconditionally Stable LOD-FDTD Method for 3-D Maxwell's Equations. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, 17(2), 85-87.
- E. L. Tan. (2002). A Robust Formulation of SAW Greens Functions for Arbitrarily Thick Multilayers at High Frequencies. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, 49(7), 929-936.