|Prof Wang Dan Wei|
Deputy Director, Robotics Research Centre
Division of Control & Instrumentation
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5376
- PhD University of Michigan 1989
- MSE University of Michigan 1984
- BE South China Inst of Technology 1982
|Danwei Wang received his Ph.D and MSE degrees from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor in 1989 and 1984, respectively. He received his B.E degree from the South China University of Technology, China in 1982. Since 1989, he has been with the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Currently, he is professor and Head, Division of Control and Instrumentation. He is a senator in NTU Academics Council. He has served as general chairman, technical chairman and various positions in international conferences, such as International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (CARCVs) and IROS conferences. He is an associate editor for the International Journal of Humanoid Robotics and served as an associate editor of Conference Editorial Board, IEEE Control Systems Society from 1998 to 2005. He was a recipient of Alexander von Humboldt fellowship, Germany. His research interests include robotics, control theory and applications.|
|Iterative learning control;
Manipulator/mobile robot dynamics, path planning, and control;
Model-based fault diagnosis and identification as well as prognosis;
Satellite formation flying.
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2013-2016) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2010-2014) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2012-2013) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- Ministry of Defense (2010-) [by Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech)]
- NRF CREATE (2012-2016) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- SIMTech-NTU (2012-2017) [by A*STAR Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech)]
- SMA Graduate Fellowship Research Supplement (2011-2015) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre (2013-2014) [by Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART)]
|Current Projects |
- A Smart Navigation and Mapping System for the Next Generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVS).
- Control of Dynamic Interaction Between Motion and Force During Contact
- Design and Development of a Compact, Integrated Slam Module for Indoor Perception and Localization
- Formation Reconfiguration Control of Unmanned Ground Vehicles In The Presence of Static Obstacles
- Mobile Robot Navigation, Coordination & Path Planning.
- RP9: Prototyping & Testbedding
- Satellite Attitude Control Design for Fast and Accurate Tracking and Fault Tolerant Performance
- Sensor Selection and Placement For Fault Diagnosis and Failure Prognosis in Complex Systems
- Situation Reactive Traffic Light Control
- Traffic Light Control in Multi-junctions
- Xu Bin, Wang Danwei, Sun Fuchun, Shi Zhongke. (2012). Direct Neural Discrete Control of Hypersonic Flight Vehicle. Nonlinear Dynamics, 70(1), 269-278.
- Bin Xu, Xiyuan Huang, Danwei Wang, Fuchun Sun. (2012). Dynamic Surface Control of Constrained Hypersonic Flight Models with Parameter Estimation and Actuator Compensation. Asian Journal of Control, .
- Xu Bin, Wang Danwei, Yang Chenguang, Li Jing, Wang Shixing. (2012). Discrete Flight Path Angle Tracking Control of Hypersonic Flight Vehicles Via Multi-rate Sampling. UKACC 2012.
- Wu B.L., Wang D.W., and Poh E.K. (2011). Decentralized Robust Adaptive Control for Attitude Synchronization under Directed Communication Topology. Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, .
- Liu Chengju, Chen Qijun, and Wang Danwei. (2011). CPG-inspired Workspace Trajectory Generation and Adaptive Locomotion Control for Quadruped Robots. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part B, .