|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Wang Dan Wei
Deputy Director, Robotics Research Centre
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5376
- PhD University of Michigan 1989
- MSE University of Michigan 1984
- BE South China Institute of Technology 1982
|Danwei Wang received his Ph.D and MSE degrees from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor in 1989 and 1984, respectively. He received his B.E degree from the South China University of Technology, China in 1982. Since 1989, he has been with the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Currently, he is professor and Head, Division of Control and Instrumentation. He is a senator in NTU Academics Council. He has served as general chairman, technical chairman and various positions in international conferences, such as International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (CARCVs) and IROS conferences. He is an associate editor for the International Journal of Humanoid Robotics and served as an associate editor of Conference Editorial Board, IEEE Control Systems Society from 1998 to 2005. He was a recipient of Alexander von Humboldt fellowship, Germany. His research interests include robotics, control theory and applications.|
|Iterative learning control;
Manipulator/mobile robot dynamics, path planning, and control;
Model-based fault diagnosis and identification as well as prognosis;
Satellite formation flying.
- Collaborative Exploration of Unstructured Environment
- Design and Development of a Compact, Integrated Slam Module for Indoor Perception and Localization
- Failure Prognosis of Electrical Machines
- Mobile Robot Navigation, Coordination & Path Planning.
- Robotics Advance Lab
- E. Mihankhah and D. Wang. (2016). 14th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV): Environment characterization using Laplace eigenvalues. International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV) (pp. pp. 1-6)Phuket.
- Xu Bin, Wang Danwei, Sun Fuchun, Shi Zhongke. (2012). Direct Neural Discrete Control of Hypersonic Flight Vehicle. Nonlinear Dynamics, 70(1), 269-278.
- Bin Xu, Xiyuan Huang, Danwei Wang, Fuchun Sun. (2012). Dynamic Surface Control of Constrained Hypersonic Flight Models with Parameter Estimation and Actuator Compensation. Asian Journal of Control, .
- Xu Bin, Wang Danwei, Yang Chenguang, Li Jing, Wang Shixing. (2012). Discrete Flight Path Angle Tracking Control of Hypersonic Flight Vehicles Via Multi-rate Sampling. UKACC 2012.
- Wu B.L., Wang D.W., and Poh E.K. (2011). Decentralized Robust Adaptive Control for Attitude Synchronization under Directed Communication Topology. Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, .