|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Wang Dan Wei
Deputy Director, Robotics Research Centre
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5376
- PhD University of Michigan 1989
- MSE University of Michigan 1984
- BE South China Institute of Technology 1982
|Danwei Wang received his Ph.D and MSE degrees from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor in 1989 and 1984, respectively. He received his B.E degree from the South China University of Technology, China in 1982. Since 1989, he has been with the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Currently, he is professor and Head, Division of Control and Instrumentation. He is a senator in NTU Academics Council. He has served as general chairman, technical chairman and various positions in international conferences, such as International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (CARCVs) and IROS conferences. He is an associate editor for the International Journal of Humanoid Robotics and served as an associate editor of Conference Editorial Board, IEEE Control Systems Society from 1998 to 2005. He was a recipient of Alexander von Humboldt fellowship, Germany. His research interests include robotics, control theory and applications.|
|Iterative learning control;
Manipulator/mobile robot dynamics, path planning, and control;
Model-based fault diagnosis and identification as well as prognosis;
Satellite formation flying.
- Collaborative Teaming
- Design and Development of a Compact, Integrated Slam Module for Indoor Perception and Localization
- Failure Prognosis of Electrical Machines
- Material Handling
- Mobile Robot Navigation, Coordination & Path Planning.
- ROBOTICS ADV LAB-Common Activities
- Robotics Advance Lab
- Scene Understanding
- Ehsan Mihankhah; Wang Danwei. (2018). Avoiding to Face The Challenges of Visual Place Recognition. Intelligent Systems Conference 2018 (Intellisys 2018).
- Yufeng Yue, Danwei Wang, P.G.C.N. Senarathne, Chule Yang. (2017). Mobile Robots (ECMR), 2017 European Conference on: Robust submap-based probabilistic inconsistency detection for multi-robot mapping. European Conference on Mobile RobotsIEEE.
- E. Mihankhah and D. Wang. (2016). 14th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV): Environment characterization using Laplace eigenvalues. International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV) (pp. pp. 1-6)Phuket.
- Xu Bin, Wang Danwei, Sun Fuchun, Shi Zhongke. (2012). Direct Neural Discrete Control of Hypersonic Flight Vehicle. Nonlinear Dynamics, 70(1), 269-278.
- Bin Xu, Xiyuan Huang, Danwei Wang, Fuchun Sun. (2012). Dynamic Surface Control of Constrained Hypersonic Flight Models with Parameter Estimation and Actuator Compensation. Asian Journal of Control, .
« Back to Research Directory