|Prof Zhang Dao Hua |
Deputy Head, Division of Microelectronics
Division of Microelectronics
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4841
- PhD University of New South Wales 1989
- MS Shandong University 1983
- BS Shandong University 1978
|D. H. Zhang received M.S degree from Shandong University, China, and Ph.D. degree from the University of New South Wales, Australia. He joined the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University as a lecturer in 1991 and was promoted to Senior Lecturer in 1995 and Associate Professor in 1999. Before this, he worked as a Postdoctoral Research Associate in School of Physics, the University of New South Wales. He has authored and co-authored over 110 journal papers, presented over 120 conference papers and filed three patents. He is a senior member of IEEE since 1997 and a Fellow of Institute of Physics since 2006. He is the Editor and guest editor of a few international journals. He is also the reviewer for a number of international journals, such as Applied Physics Letters, Journal of Applied Physics, IEEE Journal of Quantum Electrons, J. Crystal Growth, and Thin Solid Films.|
|Semiconductor materials, devices and physics
Quantum well, wire and dot structures and devices
New nano-scaled materials and devices for low and high temperature infrared photodetection
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2010-2013) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council - Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MSHE) (2012-2015) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- NRF Competitive Research Program (2008-2013) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- Photonik (Singapore) Pte Ltd (2012-2014) [by Photonik (Singapore) Pte Ltd]
|Current Projects |
- A Novel Photonic Crystal Surface Emitting Laser Incorporating a High-Index-Contrast Grating
- Combinational Etching Technique for Multi-Channel Filters
- Development of Si Leds Based on Nanocrystals
- Mesoscopic-metamaterial-enabled 'Super-lens'.
- Mesoscopic-structure-enabled Localized Plasmonics
- Microring Resonator Nanophotonics
- Numerical Modeling and Simulation Tools
- PC Devices for Dense Photonic Integration.
- W. Liu, D. H. Zhang, W. J. Fan, X. Y. Hou and Z.M. Jiang. (2008). Intersubband transitions in InGaAsN/GaAs quantum wells. Journal of Applied Physics, .
- W. Liu, D. H. Zhang, T-H. Loh, W. J. Fan, S. F. Yoon, N. Balasubramanian. (2007). Study of intersubband transitions in SiGe/Si quantum wells by 14-band k.p model. International Journal of Materials Science and Simulation, 1, 21-32.
- D. H. Zhang, W. Liu, L. Sun, W.J. Fan, S.F. Yoon, S.Z. Wang and H. C.Liu. (2006). Transverse electric dominant Intersubband absorption in Si-doped GaInAsN/GaAs QWs. Journal of Applied Physics, 99, 043514.