|Assoc Prof Chan Chok You, John |
Division of Control & Instrumentation
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5394
- PhD University of Canterbury 1987
- ME University of Canterbury 1985
- BE(Hons) University of Canterbury 1983
|Chan C Y is currently in the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering since 1988. He received his Bachelor, Master and Ph.D. degrees all from the University of Canterbury, New Zealand. His done research on discrete sliding mode control systems as well as nonlinear coontrol of power converters.|
|Chan C Y's areas of expertise are discrete sliding mode control and nonlinear control of dc-dc power converters. His current research works focus mainly on the analysis and control of switching power converters.|
- C Y Chan. (2011). Development of non-linear controllers for a tri-state boost converter. IET Power Electronics, .
- C Y Chan. (2008). Simplified parallel-damped passivity-based controllers for dc-dc power converters. Automatica, 44(11), 2977-2980.
- Chan C. Y. (2007). A Nonlinear Control for DC-DC Power Converters. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 122(1), 216-222.
- Chan C. Y. (2005). Parallel Damped Passivity-Based Control of Quasi-Resonant Converters. IEE Proceedings-Electric Power Applications, 152(5), 1093-1100.
- Shi X. F., Chan C. Y. (2002). A Passivity Approach to Controller Design for Quasi-Resonant Converters. Automatica, 38(10), 1727-1734.