|Prof Quah Teong Ewe, Euston |
Head, Division of Economics
Division of Economics
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
- PhD National University of Singapore 1988
- MA University of Victoria 1984
- BA(Hons) Simon Fraser University 1982
|Professor Euston Quah is currently the Head of Economics and Associate Chair of Research in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences since 2005. He received his Bachelors degree from Simon Fraser University, Masters from University of Victoria, Canada and PhD from NUS respectively. He is also the Editor (since 2002) of the Singapore Economic Review (founded in 1956). He has published over 35 internationally referred journal articles and 40 plus international conference and seminar papers, 6 books with major publishers and 4 edited books with major publishers.|
|Professor Euston Quah's area of expertise are Environmental Economics, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Law and Economics and Household Economics.|
|Research Grant |
- NTU Internal Funding - Sustainable Earth Office (2012-)
- RCC (2009-)
|Current Projects |
- Economic Growth and Environmental Security: Critical Priorities for Asian Governments
- Exploratory Research Investigating Transfrontier Externalities 91) Nature of the Problem (2) Identifying Actual Cases and (3) Existing Remedies
- International Workshop and Conference on The Economics and Policy of Water and the Environment
- Quah Teong Ewe Euston. (2009). Cost-Benefit Analysis: Cases and Materials. Routledge UK.
- Quah Teong Ewe, Euston. (2009, February ). Cities and Sustaining the Green Environment: Some Reflections on Prerequisites. Paper presented at Cities and climate change - society and policy responses, Ministry of National Development Auditorium.
- Quah Teong Ewe. (2008). Are Casinos NIMBYs?Facility Siting in the Asia-Pacific Perspectives on Knowledge Production and Utilisation..
- Quah Teong Ewe, Euston, E.J. Mishan. (2007). Cost-Benefit Analysis (new 5th edition). United Kingdom; Routledge Publishers.
- Quah Teong Ewe, Euston, Lim Boon Tiong, Ho Kong Weng. (2006). A Benefit-Cost Study of Incarceration.