|Assoc Prof Sun Changqing|
Division of Microelectronics
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4517
- PhD Murdoch University 1996
- MS Tianjin University 1987
- BS Wuhan University of Technology 1982
|Major contributions and breakthroughs include:
1) H-bond asymmetric relaxation & vibration dynamics & the anomalies of H2O upon frozen, compression, & cluster size reduction ;
2) C, N, O chemisorption bond-band-barrier forming dynamics;
3) Undercoordination-induced local bond contraction, quantum entrapment & densification of energy & bonding charge & size dependency of nanostructures;
4) Polarization of nonbonding electrons by the ill-coordination induced local quantum entrapment & densification;
5) Local bond averaging approach for the meso-thermo-mechanics of solids;
6) Zone-resolved quantitative photoelectron spectroscopy (ZPS) of bonds & electrons at the atomic scale & classified adatom & alloy catalysts;
7) BOLS-TB and ZPS distilled graphitic Dirac-Fermi polarons;
8) Raman quantification of the length, energy, compressibility, Debye temperature, force constant & relaxation dynamics of bonds;
9) STM/S and VLEED quantification of 4-stage Cu3O2 quantum bonding kinetics;
10) Designer materials for intensive blue light emission, ultra-high elasticity, diamond-metal adhesion, photonic crystal switches, the “soul” of H2O, Graphene, ZnO, and the pure and passivated nanosolid Si.
• 32 PI-H-index; ~4300 citations; ~275 journal articles; ~100 invited talks; 4 book chapters; 4 patents.
• First Laureate of the 25th Khwarizmi International Sci Award (KIA) 2012 (out of 162 nominees from 46 countries).
• Inaugural Nanyang Award of Research 2005.
• Finalist of Presidential Science Award, Singapore, 2012
• Finalist of National Sci Award, Singapore, 2003.
• FRSC (2006), FinstP (2005), FSNIC (2010).
• 8 journal editorial advisors.
|Low-Dimensional Physics and Chemistry
Coordination bond and band controling
Defects, surfaces and nanostructures
Impurities, interfaces and embedded nanostructures
Nonbonding electronics including H2O boond rexation dynamics
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-2014) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
|Current Projects |
- Exploring The Mysteries of Water Ice
- Li JW, Ma SZ, Liu XJ, Zhou ZF, and Sun CQ. (2012). ZnO meso-mechano-thermo physical chemistry. Chemical Reviews, 112(5), 2833-2852.
- Ma ZS, Zhou ZF, Huang YL, and Sun CQ. (2012). Mesoscopic superelasticity, superplasticity, and superrigidity. Science in China Series G: Physics Mechanics and Astronomy, 55(6), 963-979.
- Zheng WT and Sun CQ. (2011). Underneath the fascinations of carbon nanotubes and graphene nanoribbons. Energy & Environmental Science, 4(3), 627-655.
- Sun, CQ. (2010). Dominance of broken bonds and nonbonding electrons at the nanoscale. Nanoscale, 2(10), 1930-1961.
- Sun, C.Q. (2009). Thermo-mechanical behavior of low-dimensional systems: The local bond average approach. Progress in Materials Science, 54(2), 179-307.