|Assoc Prof Law Choi Look |
Division of Communication Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5424
- PhD University of London, King's Coll. 1987
- BSc(Eng)(Hons) University of London, Chelsea Coll. 1983
|Dr. Choi Look LAW is currently an Associate Professor with the School of EEE, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore since 1988. He received his BEng. and PhD. degrees from King’s College, London in 1983 and 1987 respectively. He is the Founding Director of the Positioning and Wireless Technology Centre, Nanyang Technological University. He is a co-founder of RfNet, a spinoff from Nanyang Technological University that specializes in RF and wireless networking products and services. He has given numerous continuing educational courses to industries and acted as consultant to a number of companies and government agencies. He has published over one hundred conference and journal papers. He has held visiting assignments at Kyoto University, Japan, Surrey University, United Kingdom and Lehigh University, USA. Dr. Law is a Senior Member of IEEE.
|Dr. Choi Look LAW's areas of expertise are microwave circuits and wireless systems. His research interests are digital beam forming array antenna, ultra-wideband microwave circuits, wideband channel characterization and modeling, radio frequency identification, wireless networking and positioning systems.His current research work focus on high linearity high efficiency microwave power amplifiers for OFDM sytems and scalable precision positioning systems using ultra-wideband impulse radio.|
|Research Grant |
- Asian Office Aerospace Research and Development (2011-2013) [by Asian Office of Aerospace Research and Development (AOARD)]
|Current Projects |
- Indoor Localization and Positioning Through Signal of Opportunities
- Intelligent Transportation System: Algorithms and Software for Road Navigation, Route Guidance and Mobile Ad Hoc Network Communication [Approved Title: Microwave and Millimeter-Wave Identification and Positioning System (GPSC I)].
- Positioning and Identification Technologies: Hardware and Firmware for Next Generation Positioning and Wireless Communication System [Approved Title: towave and Millimeter-Wave Identification and Positioning System (GPSC II)].
- Jingjing Xia,
Choi L Law,
Jisu Jiang. (2009). A Novel 3-5 GHz Active Matched Filter for Impulse Radio Ultra-Wideband. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, , 3.
- S. Hu, C.L. Law and W. Dou. (2008). A balloon-shaped monopole antenna for passive UWB-RFID tag applications. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, .
- Chi. Xu, Choi L. Law. (2008). Delay-Dependent Threshold Selection for UWB TOA estimation. IEEE Communications Letters, 12(5), 380 - 382.
- Jun Xu, Maode Ma and Choi Look Law. (2008). Position Estimation Using Ultra-wideband Time Difference of Arrival Measurements. IET Science Measurement & Technology, 2(1), 53-58.
- Hu, S.; Chen, H.; Law, C.K.; Shen, Z.; Zhu, L.; Zhang, W.; Dou, W. (2007). Backscattering cross-section of ultra-wide band antennas. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, 6(1), 70-73.