|Assoc Prof Chen Tupei |
Division of Microelectronics
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4238
- PhD The University of Hong Kong 1994
- MS Zhongshan University 1987
- BS Zhongshan University 1983
|T. P. Chen received the B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in physics (semiconductors and devices) in 1983 and 1987, respectively, both from Zhongshan (Sun Yat-Sen) University, China, and the Ph.D. degree from The University of Hong Kong in 1994. He is currently an Associate Professor in Division of Microelectronics, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. From Feb. 1990 to Oct.1991, he was a visiting researcher at the Fritz-Haber Institute of Max-Planck Society, Germany. In the years of 1994 to 1997, he was a postdoctoral fellow in The University of Hong Kong and the National University of Singapore, and he also worked in Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Ltd for a short period (June – December 1996). He was a senior scientist at PSB Singapore for about two and half years before he joined Nanyang Technological University as an assistant professor in February 2000.
He is the author or coauthor of more than 220 peer-reviewed journal papers (including about 80 papers in Applied Physics Letters, Journal of Applied Physics and IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices), 110 conference presentations, and four book chapters. He has filed 8 U.S. patents and 5 Technology Disclosures.
|Current research interests include nanoscale CMOS devices and reliability physics; semiconductor and metal nanocrystals/nanoparticles and their applications in nanoelectronic and photonic devices; novel memory devices (nanocrystal Flash memory, RRAMs, WORM, 1T-DRAM, etc.); memristors and applications in Si neural devices and networks (electronic neurons, synapses, self-learning devices, etc.); Si photonic devices (Si-based light emitters, plasmonic waveguides, optical interconnects); and flexible/transparent electronic devices (transparent high mobility thin-film transistors, thin film memories, etc.).|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2012-2017) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council - Public Sector Funding (2009-2013) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-2015) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- NRF Competitive Research Program (2008-2013) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- SMART-NTU Innovation Grant (2011-2013) [by SMART Innovation Centre]
|Current Projects |
- Development of Si Leds Based on Nanocrystals
- Mesoscopic-metamaterial-enabled 'Super-lens'.
- Mesoscopic-structure-enabled Localized Plasmonics
- Microring Resonator Nanophotonics
- Multiple Exciton Generation in Silicon Nanowires
- Numerical Modeling and Simulation Tools
- PC Devices for Dense Photonic Integration.
- Silicon-Nanocrystal-Based Anti-Reflection Coating for Full-Spectrum-Harvest Silicon Solar Cells
- Study of Near-field Dipole Interactions and Plasmon Propagation in Metal Nanoparticle Chains for the Application of Nanoscale Optical Interconnects on Silicon Chips
- TSV Interposer for Memory and Logic Integrated 3D IC
- J. B. Yang, T. P. Chen, S. S. Tan, C. M. Ng and L. Chan. (2008). Influence of hydrogen dispersive diffusion in nitrided gate oxide on negative bias temperature instability of p-MOSFETs. Applied Physics Letters, 93, 013501-3.
- Z. H. Cen, T. P. Chen, L. Ding, Y. Liu, M. Yang, J. I. Wong, Z. Liu, Y. C. Liu and S. Fung. (2008). Annealing effect on the optical properties of implanted silicon in a silicon nitride matrix. Applied Physics Letters, 93, 023122 -3.
- Z. Liu, T. P. Chen, Y. Liu, L. Ding, M. Yang, J. I. Wong, Z. H. Cen, Y. B. Li, S. Zhang, S. Fung. (2008). Light-induced instability in current conduction of aluminum nitride thin films embedded with Al nanocrystals. Applied Physics Letters, 92, 013102.
- C. Y. Ng, T. P. Chen, L. Ding, and S. Fung. (2006). Memory characteristics of MOSFETs with densely-stacked silicon-nanocrystal layers in the gate oxide synthesized by low-energy ion beam. IEEE Electron Device Letters, 27(4), 231-233.
- C. Y. Ng, T P Chen, M. Yang, J. B. Yang, L. Ding, C. M. Li, A. Du and A. Trigg. (2006). Impact of programming mechanisms on performance and reliability of non volatile memory devices based on Si nanocrystal. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 53(4), 663-667.