|Assoc Prof Cheah Chien Chern |
Deputy Head, Division of Control & Instrumentation
Division of Control & Instrumentation
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5385
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 1996
- MEng Nanyang Technological University 1993
- BEng(Elec)(Hons) National University of Singapore 1990
|Chien Chern CHEAH was born in Singapore. He received B.E. degree in Electrical Engineering from National University of Singapore in 1990, M.E. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering, both from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in 1993 and 1996, respectively.
From 1990 to 1991, he worked as a design engineer in Chartered Electronics Industries, Singapore . He was a research fellow in the Department of Robotics, Ritsumeikan University , Japan from 1996 to 1998. He joined the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University as an assistant professor in 1998. Since 2003, he has been an associate professor in Nanyang Technological University . In November 2002, he received the oversea attachment fellowship from the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore to visit the Nonlinear Systems laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology .
He serves as an associate editor for IEEE Transactions on Robotics, Automatica and Asian Journal of Control. He serves as a member of the Conference Editorial Board of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society and the program chair of the International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV) 2012. He was the program chair of the International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV) 2006 and the program co-chair of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO) 2009. He served as a member of the Best Conference Paper Award Committee of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) 2011, a member the Best Manipulation Paper Award Committee of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) 2009, and the Best Paper Award Chair of IEEE Conference on Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics 2008.
Visual Servo Control
Adaptive and learning control
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2013-2016) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council - Public Sector Funding (2012-2015) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
|Current Projects |
- Distributed Sensing and Perception
- Optical Dynamic Manipulation of Multiple Groups of Cells
- X. Li, C. C. Cheah, S. Hu and D. Sun. (2013). Dynamic Trapping and Manipulation of Biological Cells with Optical Tweezers. Automatica, 49(6), 1614-1625.
- X. Li and C. C. Cheah. (2013). Global Task-space Control of Robots. Automatica, 49,, 58-69.
- R. Haghighi, C. C. Cheah. (2012). Multi-Group Coordination Control for Robot Swarms. Automatica, 48,, 2526-2534.
- C.C. Cheah, C. Liu and J.J.E. Slotine,. (2010). Adaptive Jacobian Vision based Control for Robots with Uncertain Depth Information. Automatica, 46,(7,), 1228 - 1233.
- C. C. Cheah, S.P. Hou, Y. Zhao, and J.J.E. Slotine. (2010). Adaptive Vision and Force Tracking Control for Robots with Constraint Uncertainty. IEEE-ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 15(3), 389-399.