|Assoc Prof Chan Chi Chiu |
Division of Bioengineering
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4822
- PhD Hong Kong Polytechnic University 2000
- BEng(Hons) Hong Kong Polytechnic University 1996
|Dr. Chi Chiu Chan received the BEng. (1st Honors.) and Ph.D from Department of Electrical Engineering, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 1996 and 2000 respectively. From 2000 to 2003, he was a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Electrical Engineering of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Currently, he is an Assistant Professor in School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. His research areas are optical fiber sensing system, fiber Bragg grating device, fiber optics chemical sensors, photonics crystal fiber biosensor, digital signal processing, such as artificial neural network, fuzzy logic, genetic algorithm, wavelet, etc., on smart structures, fiber optics chemical and biomedical sensing areas. His accomplishment in these areas is demonstrated in his 200 international publications.|
|His research areas are optical fiber sensing system, fiber Bragg grating device, fiber optics chemical sensors, photonics crystal fiber biosensor, digital signal processing, such as artificial neural network, fuzzy logic, genetic algorithm, wavelet, etc., on smart structures, fiber optics chemical and biomedical sensing areas.|
|Current Projects |
- Development of application software for fiber optic sensors
- Development of computer based system for cartilage lesion detection in the assessment of osteoarthritis
- Investigating supercontinum generation for enhancing the performance of bioimaging and biosensing systems
- Trace Gas Detection By The Use of The Optical Parametric Oscillator (OPO) Technology
- Sun, J., Chan, C. C., Shum, P., Poh, C. L. (2008). Experimental analysis of spectral characteristics of antiresonant guiding photonic crystal fibers. Optics Letters, 33(8), 809-811.
- Sun, J., Chan, C. C. (2007). Hybrid guiding in liquid-crystal photonic crystal fibers. Journal of the Optical Society of America B-Optical Physics, 24(10), 2640-2646.
- N. Ni, C.C. Chan, X.Y. Dong, J. Sun and P. Shum. (2007). Cavity ring-down long period fiber grating strain sensor. Measurement Science & Technology, 18(10), 3135-3138.
- Sun J, Chan CC. (2007). Photonic bandgap fiber for refractive index measurement. Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical, 128(1), 46-50.
- Sun, J., Chan, C. C. (2007). Effect of liquid crystal alignment on bandgap formation in photonic bandgap fibers. Optics Letters, 32(14), 1989-1991.