|Asst Prof Boon Chirn Chye|
Division of Circuits & Systems
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5958
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2003
- BEng(EEE)(Hons) Nanyang Technological University 2000
|Chirn Chye Boon (M’09-SM’10) received B.E. (Hons.) (Elect.) in 2000 and Ph.D. (Elect. Eng.) in 2004 from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.In 2005, he joined NTU as a Research Fellow and became an Assistant Professor in the same year. Before that, he was with Advanced RFIC, where he worked as a Senior Engineer. He specializes in the areas of radio frequency (RF) & MM-wave circuits and systems design for Biomedical and Communications applications. He has conceptualized, designed and silicon-verified 36 circuits/chips for biomedical and communication applications. He has coauthored over 64 refereed publications and several patents in the fields of RF and MM-wave. He is a coauthor of the book “Design of CMOS RF Integrated Circuits and Systems” (World Scientific Publishing, 2010).|
He serves as a committee member for various conferences. He is an Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems. He is a Guest Editor for Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering. He is also in the Editorial Board for Journal on RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering. He is the Programme Director for RF and MM-wave research in the SG$50 millions research centre of excellence, VIRTUS (NTU) since Mar. 2010. He is the Principal/Co-Principal Investigator for research grants of more than SG$4,086,290. He is also one of the key NTU-team members of MIT-NTU joint collaboration project “Low Energy Electronic Systems” which has won the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) International Research Grant (IRG) proposal with a grant total of S$25million. He is a winner of Year-2 Teaching Excellent Award, EEE, NTU.
· FIRST Singapore ISSCC Silkroad Award paper winner (2013). ISSCC is the world TOP IC conference..
• IEEE Electron Devices Letters GOLDEN REVIEWER 2012
• IEEE Senior Member (2010)
• Represents NTU for the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation SCIENCE PRIZE for INNOVATION, RESEARCH and EDUCATION (ASPIRE)
• Year-2 Teaching Excellent Award, EEE, NTU (2012) : For Lecture of 639 students.
• Best Project of Design Innovation Project Competition, EEE, NTU (2012)
|Please See link below for more publications and awards.|
PI: Ultra-low Power Fully Integrated CMOS 24GHz Receiver, $0.323mil, March 2008 to February 2011, AcRF Tier 1 MOE.
PI: Batteryless Flexible Transceiver for Biomedical Applications, $1,186,270 including scholarships), May 2009 to April 2012, AcRF Tier 2 MOE.
Co-PI: An Ultra Low-Power RFIC Chip For Wireless and Communication Applications S$1.2 mil, March 2006 to February 2009, funded by Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR).
Co-PI: System-on-chip: Realization of Software Radio, S$0.3 mil, 3 December 2008 to 2 December 2009, University of Electronic Science and Technology (UEST) of China-NTU Joint R&D, jointly funded by UEST and NTU.
Co-PI: An Ultra Low-Power RF Transceiver Chip towards a New Paradigm of Life Quality, S$0.25 mil, 3 December 2008 to 2 December 2009, NRF.
PI: High Thermal Resolution Ultra-Low Power Integrated Imager: Fund. Issues in CMOS, $840,000, July 2013 to June 2016, AcRF Tier 2 MOE.
Various JIP programs.
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2013-2016) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre (2012-2013) [by Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA)]
- Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre (2013-2014) [by Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA)]
|Current Projects |
- High Thermal Resolution Ultra-Low Power Integrated Imager: Fund. Issues in CMOS
- Project 2: Electronic Circuit Design, Communication
- Project 2: Electronic Circuit Design, Communications
- Aaron V. Do, Chirn Chye Boon, Manh Anh Do, Kiat Seng Yeo, Alper Cabuk. (2010). An Energy-Aware CMOS Receiver Front End for Low-Power 2.4-GHz Applications. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I-Regular Papers, 57(10), 2675-2684.
- A. Meaamar, C. C. Boon, K. S. Yeo and M. A. Do. (2010). A Wideband Low Power Low-Noise Amplifier in CMOS Technology. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I-Regular Papers, 57(4), 773 - 782.
- Aaron V. Do, Chirn Chye Boon, Manh Anh Do, Kiat Seng Yeo, Alper Cabuk. (2009). A Weak-Inversion Low-Power Active Mixer for 2.4 GHz ISM Band Applications. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, 19(11), 719-721.
- Meaamar, A., Chye, B.C., Anh, D.M., Seng, Y.K. (2009). A 3-8 GHz Low-Noise CMOS Amplifier. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, 19(4), 245-247.
- C.C. Boon, M.A. Do, K.S. Yeo and J.G. Ma. (2005). Fully Integrated CMOS Fractional-N Frequency Divider for Wide-Band Mobile Applications with Spurs Reduction. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I-Regular Papers, 52(6), 1042-1048.