|Prof (Adj) Tan Eng Beng Geoffrey |
Division of Materials Science
School of Materials Science & Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6231/6795
- PhD University of Cambridge 1997
- MSc(Distn) University of London, Imperial Coll. 1990
- BEng(Hons) National University of Singapore 1988
|Geoffrey Tan obtained his B.Eng from National University of Singapore. He obtained his M.Sc from Imperial College, University of London, on a Singapore Government Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship, and his PhD from University of Cambridge on a MINDEF Defence Technology Training Award. He is currently a Distinguished Member of Technical Staff at DSO National Laboratories.|
|Energy absorption systems, numerical and experimental analysis of high strain rate loading of materials and structures, mechanical behaviour of materials, impact dynamics|
|Research Grant |
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2010-)
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2010-2014)
|Current Projects |
- Advanced Nano-Composite Armour Materials Research and Development
- Advanced Nano-composite Armours Materials Research and Development
- G. E. B. Tan and J. Yuan. (2013). 27th International Symposium on Ballistics: Confined AL2O3 Ceramic Tiles Against Long Rod Penetration. ISB2013 (pp. pp1370 - 1378)USA: DEStech Publications, Inc.
- Yuan, J., Liu, J., Tan, G. E. B. and Ma, J. (2012). (2012). Ceramic Engineering and Science Proceedings, Vol 33, Issue 5, 2012: High Strain Rate Split Hopkinson Pressure Bar Testing of Alumina. Advances in Ceramic Armor VIII (ICACC2012) (pp. pp65-75)USA: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Jianming Yuan, Jianfei Liu, and Geoffrey Tan. (2012). Rate-dependent Constitutive Modeling of Polymer Subjected to Dynamic Loading. Solid State Phenomena, 185, 119-121.
- Jianming Yuan, Jan Ma, and Geoffrey E.B. Tan. (2011). Mechanical Properties and Performance of Engineering Ceramics and Composites VI: Specimen Stress Equilibrium in Split Hopkinson Pressure Bar Tests of Ceramics at High Strain Rate. Mechanical Behavior and Performance of Ceramics and Composites, ICACC2011USA: The American Ceramic Society.