|Prof. Ng received the B.Eng. and M.Eng. degrees in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in 1997 and 2000, respectively. He was conferred a Ph.D. degree in 2003 by the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering at the University of Sheffield, UK, where he investigated the impact ionization process in wide bandgap semiconductors for applications in telecommunications and solar/visible-blind UV avalanche photodiodes (APDs). He is presently a faculty member of the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. In addition to APD research, he is also investigating the use of Biophotonics imaging techniques for cancer detection. He is a member of the IEEE Electron Devices Society and the IEEE Lasers and Electro-Optics Society.|
- Age-related variation in the resilient properties of connective tissues: an investigation on micro-structural failures in the extra-cellular matrix
- Optical Nanoantennas with Microfluidic Integration: A Platform for Multiplexed Protein Sensing via Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering
- T. H. Chow, W. M. Lee, K. M. Tan, B. K. Ng, C. J. R. Sheppard. (2010). Resolving interparticle position and optical forces along the axial direction using optical coherence gating. Applied Physics Letters, 97(23), 231113.
- C. Y. Fu, B. K. Ng, and S. Gulam Razul. (2009). Fluorescence lifetime discrimination using Expectation-Maximization algorithm with joint deconvolution. Journal of Biomedical Optics, 14(6), 064009.
- J. C. Y. Kah, T. H. Chow, B. K. Ng, S. G. Razul, M. Olivo, C. J. R. Sheppard. (2009). Concentration dependence of gold nanoshells on the enhancement of optical coherence tomography images: a quantitative study. Applied Optics, 48(10), D96-D108.
- T. H. Chow, K. M. Tan, B. K. Ng, S. G. Razul, C. M. Tay, T. F. Chia, W. T. Poh. (2009). Diagnosis of virus infection in orchid plants with high-resolution optical coherence tomography. Journal of Biomedical Optics, 14(1), art. no. 014006.