|Assoc Prof Ali Iftekhar Maswood |
Division of Power Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4847
- PhD Concordia University 1989
- MEng(Hons) Moscow Power Engineering Institute 1982
- BEng Moscow Power Engineering Institute 1980
|A. I. Maswood received his M. Eng. Degree from Moscow, Power Engineering Institute and Ph. D. from Concordia University, Montreal, Canada. He joined Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 1991 where currently he is an Associate Professor. Dr. Maswood’s research interest is in Power Electronics, particularly in Converter generated harmonics, Novel Inverter topology, advanced PWM switching, and power quality. He has authored several International Journal and Conference publications on these topics. He is a senior member of IEEE and actively involved in the local IAS chapter. He is also the co-author “Power Electronics, Handbook”, published by academic press, San Diego U.S.A.|
|Novel Converter topology for hybrid Wind & Solar Energy
Maximum Power Tracking Control Strategies using Fuzzy logic and Particle Swram Optimization
Novel DC-DC buck-boost Converter for solar/Fuel Cell optimal power txtraction
|Research Grant |
- EMA Smart Energy Challenge – Energy Research Development Fund (2010-2013) [by Energy Market Authority (EMA)]
- Maritime Clean Energy Research Programme (MCERP) (2011-) [by Rolls-Royce PIc, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA), Nanyang Technological University]
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore - NTU (2011-2014) [by Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)]
- Qatar National Research Fund (2010-2013) [by Qatar Foundation]
|Current Projects |
- A Unity Power Factor Adjustible Speed Drive For Industry Energy Efficiency
- Design of A Lightweight and Efficient Power Inverter System for Marine Application
- Design of a Lightweight and Efficient Power Inverter System for Marine Application
- From Seawater To Fresh Potable Water Employing Solar & Ambient Energy, and Air Con Waste Heat in Urban/ Desert Climate
- From Seawater to Fresh Portable Water Employing Solar & Ambient Energy and Air Con Waste Heat in Urban/Desert Climate
- Tidal Generation and Correction Systems
- Unity Power-Factor Ajustible Speed Drive for Energy Neutral Building
- Ali I. Maswood. (2009). Modeling and Performance of a Fuel Cell/Ultra-Capacitor based Vehicle. International conference on applied energy (ICAE2010).
- Ali I. Maswood and A. Shadab. (2009). Delta Modulation With PI Controller A Comparative Study (www.SciRP.org/journal/jemaa). Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 3: 147-153 doi(10.4236/jemaa.200).
- Ali I. Maswood & Eka Firmansiyah. (2009). CURRENT INJECTION IN A CONTROLLED RECTIFIER UNDER UNBALANCED SUPPLY AND VARIABLE LINE AND LOAD INDUCTANCES. IET-Proceedings on Power Electronics, Volume 2,(4), 387 - 397.
- Ali I. Maswood. (2009). Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE Power Engineering society (PES) General Meeting: A Unity PF Rectifier-Inverter Under Unbalanced Supply.Calgary, Canada: IEEE Power Engineering Society.
- Ali I. Maswood and A. K. Yusop. (2008). A Simple Starting Method for IPMSM using A Delta-Modulated VSI. Electric Machines and Power Systems, 30(6).