|Assoc Prof Anamitra Makur|
Division of Information Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4013
- PhD California Institute of Technology 1990
- MS California Institute of Technology 1986
- BTech(Hons) Indian Inst of Technology, Kharagpur 1985
|Anamitra Makur is an Associate Professor in the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, since 2002, where he currently holds the position of the Deputy Head of the Division of Information Engineering. He received the B.Tech. degree from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from California Institute of Technology, Pasadena. He worked in Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, until 2002 in various capacities, the most recent being a Professor. He also held visiting positions at University of California at Santa Barbara, University of Kaiserslautern, Griffith University at Brisbane, and Keio University at Yokohama. His current research interests include multirate signal processing, signal/image/video compression, and image processing. Dr. Makur is the recipient of several awards, notable being the 1998 Young Engineer award from the Indian National Academy of Engineering, and the best paper award in the IEEE APCCAS 2006 conference. He was also the co-author in the student paper award of the IEEE ICASSP 2006 conference. He has served as the Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing during 2001-2006.|
|Multirate Signal Processing,
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2011-2014) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- TL@NTU Call for Project (2010-2012) [by Temasek Lab @ NTU]
|Current Projects |
- Design of A Filter Bank for Analog-Digital Synthesis
- Theoretical Studies Towards Improvements and Extensions of Compressed Sensing
- Sahoo, S.K. ; Makur, A. (2013). Dictionary Training for Sparse Representation as Generalization of K-Means Clustering. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 20(6), 587 - 590.
- Dakala Jayachandra and Anamitra Makur. (2012). Boundary handling mechanism for lifting based spatial adaptation of filter banks. IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS).
- Huiling Xu, Zhiping Lin and Anamitra Makur. (2012). The existence and design of functional observers for two-dimensional systems. Systems & Control Letters, 60(2), 362-368.
- Dakala Jayachandra and Anamitra Makur. (2012). Boundary handling mechanism for lifting-based spatial adaptation of filter banks. IS&T / SPIE Electronic Imaging Conference 2012SPIE.
- Dakala Jayachandra and Anamitra Makur. (2011). Proceedings of ICICS: Reduction of transients during lifting based spatial adaptation of filter banks. International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing (ICICS).