|Prof Kot Chichung, Alex|
Associate Dean (Graduate Studies), College of Engineering
Director, Rapid-Rich Object SEarch Lab
Division of Information Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4946
- PhD University of Rhode Island 1989
- MS University of Rhode Island 1984
- MBA University of Rochester 1982
- BSEE (with Dist) University of Rochester 1981
|Prof. Kot has been with the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore since 1991. He headed the Division of Information Engineering at the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering for eight years and served as Associate Chair/Vice Dean Research for the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering for three years He is currently Professor and Associate Dean for College of Engineering. He has published extensively in the areas of signal processing for communication, biometrics, image forensics and information security.
Dr. Kot served as Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, the IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology and the IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I and II. He is currently Associate Editor for the EURASIP Journal of Applied (Advanced) Signal Processing, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine and the IEEE Transactions on Multimedia. He is a member of the Visual Signal Processing and Communication Technical Committee and the Image and Multidimensional Signal Processing Technical Committee. He has served the IEEE in various capacities such as the General Co-Chair for the 2004 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP). He served as an IEEE Distinguished Lecturer and he is a Fellow of IEEE and IES.
|signal processing for communication, biometrics, image forensics and information security|
|Research Grant |
- IDM R&D Programme (2012-2017) [by Media Development Authority (MDA)]
|Current Projects |
- Mobile Computing In Education
- Rapid Rich Object Search (ROSE) Lab
- Liu, S., Kot, A., Miao, C.Y. and Theng, Y.L. (2012). A Dempster-Shafer Theory Based Witness Trustworthiness Model. Eleventh International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2012).
- H. Yang, A. Kot and X.D. Jiang. (2012). Binarization of Low-Quality Barcode Images Captured by Mobile Phones Using Local Window of Adaptive Location and Size. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 21(1), 418-425.
- M. Liu, X.D. Jiang, A. Kot and P.T. Yap. (2011). Application of Polar Harmonic Transforms to Fingerprint ClassificationEmerging Topics in Computer Vision and Its Applications. (pp. 297-312). United States: World Scientific.
- H. Yang, X.D. Jiang and A. Kot. (2011). Embedding Binary Watermarks in Dual-Tree Complex Wavelets Domain for Access Control of Digital ImagesTransactions on Data Hiding and Multimedia Security VI. (pp. 18-36). Germany: Springer.
- H. Yang, X.D. Jiang and A. Kot. (2010). Recent Advances on Documents Authentication based on the Data Hiding and Watermarking Techniques. Recent Patents on Computer Science, 3(3), 233-243.