|Asst Prof Nguyen Duc Quang|
Division of Economics
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
- PhD University of Hawaii 2008
- MA University of Hawaii 2001
- MA (Population Stud & HR)(Distinction) Flinders University of South Australia 1998
- BA (Labor Econ) (Excellence) National Economics University 1990
|Assistant Professor Nguyen Duc Quang joined the Division of Economics, School of Humanities and Social Sciences NTU in August 2010. Prior to that he was a post-doctoral fellow at the National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS) and he was affiliated with the GATE (Groupe d’Analyse et de Théorie Economique) research institute, at the University of Lyon 2, France. He received his Ph.D in Economics from the University of Hawaii, USA.
His works have been published in the American Economic Review and other leading internationally refereed journals
|Dr. Nguyen Duc Quang is working in the area of Behavioral and Experimental Economics, Applied Microeconomics, Development Economics, Resources Economics and Demography. His research mainly focuses on Field Experimental Economics. He has conducted several field economics experiments on risk and time preferences, trust, and economics of identity|
|Research Grant |
|Current Projects |
- An Experimental Study on Social Identity Based Preferences
- Nguyen, Q. (2011). Theory and Experimental Investigation on the Effect of Working Environment on Risk and Time Preferences. Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, 43(3), 245-270.
- Nguyen, Q and Leung, P. (2010). How Nurture Can Shape Preferences: An Experimental Study on Risk Preferences of Vietnamese Fishermen. Environment and Development Economics, 15(5), 609-631.
- Tomomi Tanaka & Colin F. Camerer & Quang Nguyen. (2010). Risk and Time Preferences: Linking Experimental and Household Survey Data from Vietnam. American Economic Review, 100(1), 557-71.
- Nguyen, Quang & Leung, PingSun. (2009). Choice of Remuneration Regime in Fisheries: The Case of Hawaii Longline Fisheries. Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, .
- Nguyen Duc Quang and PingSun Leung. (2009). Do Fishermen have Different Risk Behaviors?: An Application of Prospect Theory to the Study of Vietnam Fisher's Risk Behavior. Journal of Agriculture and Resources Economics, 34(3), 518 - 538.