|Asst Prof Dusit Niyato|
Division of Networks & Distributed Systems
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5783
- PhD University of Manitoba 2008
- MSc (Elect & Computer Engrg) University of Manitoba 2005
- MEng (Elect Engrg) King Mongkut's Inst. of Tech. Ladkrabang 2001
- BEng (Computer Engrg) King Mongkut's Inst. of Tech. Ladkrabang 1999
|Prof Dusit Niyato is currently in the School of Computer Engineering since July 2008. He received his Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering from King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Thailand, Master and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Manitoba in 2005 and 2008, respectively. His research interests include Wireless Communications, and Networking. He has done significant research work his research areas and published over 60 top quality international conference and journal papers.|
|- Wireless communications and networking, specifically, dynamic spectrum access and spectrum trading in cognitive radio.
- Mobile computing, parallel and distributed systems, specifically, resource management in heterogeneous wireless network and wireless intelligent transportation system.
- Queueing theory and Markov chain with an application in performance evaluation of communication systems.
- Evolutionary theory with an application in mobile communication and computing.
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR (2010-)
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council - Thematic Strategic Research Programme in Future Data Centre Technologies (2011-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2009-2013)
- IDA Grant Call on Cloud Computing (2012-)
|Current Projects |
- Cloud Services For Nanyang Technological University
- Design and Analysis of Cloud Computing for Data Value Chain: Operation Research Approach
- Heterogeneous Wireless Network: Optimization Model and Applications
- Large Scale Hybrid Storage System
- Protocol Design and Application of IEEE 802.22-Based Wireless Regional Area Network (WRAN)
- Radio Resource Management over Cognitive Radio Networks
- Z. Han, D. Niyato, W. Saad, T. Basar, and A. Hjørungnes. (2011). Game Theory in Wireless and Communication Networks: Theory, Models, and Applications. Cambridge University Press.
- C. T. Ching, D. Niyato, and C.-K. Tham. (2011). Evolutionary optimal virtual machine placement and demand forecaster for cloud computing. International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA).
- S. Guruacharya, D. Niyato, E. Hossain, and D. I. Kim. (2010). IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM): Hierarchical competition in femtocell-based cellular networks.Miami, FL, USA: IEEE.
- D. Niyato, P. Wang, E. Hossain, and Y. Li. (2010). Optimal content transmission policy in publish-subscribe mobile social networks. IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM).
- Z. Kun, D. Niyato, and P. Wang. (2010). Optimal bandwidth allocation with dynamic service selection in heterogeneous wireless networks. IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM).