|David Gomulya joined Nanyang Business School in September 2011. He holds a PhD in Technology Entrepreneurship and Strategic Management from the Michael G. Foster School of Business at the University of Washington, Seattle. Prior to joining Nanyang Business School, he had worked for more than seven years across various functions in multiple industries, including start-ups. His research centers on entrepreneurship, strategy, and organizations. His current research focuses on understanding how forming collaborative relationships and associations, as a form of managerial actions, can yield not only advantages but also disadvantages. He pursues this understanding in important contexts, such as new-venture survival and fraudulent firms. Recently, his paper on how close associations can cause stigma spillover and legitimacy threat won the 2011 McGraw-Hill/Irwin Distinguished Paper Award from Federation of Business Disciplines. He regularly presents in and reviews for leading conferences. He is currently an ad-hoc reviewer for the Academy of Management Review and the Journal of Business Venturing.|
- Chintakananda, Asda; Kang, Eugene; Chiu, Shih-Chi & Gomulya, David. (2012). When Intent Matters: The Contingent Effects of Government Ties on IPO Performance. SMS 32nd Annual International Conference.
- Kim Yin Chan, Moon-ho R. Ho, Oleksandr S. Chernyshenko, David Gomulya, Marilyn A. Uy, Olwen Bedford, Y.L. Sam, Wei Ming J. Phan. (2012). Entrepreneurship, Professionalism, Leadership: A Person-centered Framework for Boundaryless Careers. Academy of Management Annual Meeting,.
- Chan, K. Y., Ho, R. M., Uy, M. A., Chernyshenko, O., Sam, Y. L., Phan, J. W. M., Bedford, O., Golmuya, D., & Wong F. L. K. (2012). NTU Career Aspiration Survey 2011NTU Innovation and Enterprise Office.
- Chernyshenko, O. S., Gomulya, D., Phan, W. M. J., Lai, Y. Y., Ho, M. H. R., Uy, M. A., Chan, K. Y.& Bedford, O. (2012). Global Entrepreneurship Monitor 2011 Singapore ReportNanyang Technological University.
- Chintakananda, Asda; Chiu, Shih-Chi; Gomulya, David; Kang, Eugene; Neo, Boon Siong & Wee, Beng Geok. (2012). State Entrepreneurship: Executing a National Strategy for Development. SMS Special Conference in Singapore.