|Asst Prof Daniel Keith Jernigan |
Division of English
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
- PhD Purdue University 2001
- MA New Mexico State University 1995
- BA New Mexico State University 1991
|Daniel Jernigan is an Assistant Professor with the Division of English. His interests include drama and theatre studies, postmodernism and creative writing. Dr. Jernigan's critical work on Caryl Churchill and Tom Stoppard has been published in Modern Drama and Comparative Drama. He is currently working on a manuscript entitled Caryl Churchill: Epistemological Upheaval and Ideological Resistance. Dr Jernigan is also a published playwright who received his PhD from Purdue University, USA. |
|Modern and Contemporary British Literature; Modern and Postmodern Drama; Narrative Theory; Playwriting|
|Research Grant |
|Current Projects |
- Flann O' Brien's Plays and Selected Teleplays
- Tom Stoppard’s Regressive Postmodernity: Tracking the Major Plays, from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead to the Coast of Utopia
- Daniel K Jernigan. (2011). “Caryl Churchill’s Top Girls: Postmodern Complicity and the Economics of Thatcherism.”New Essays on Commerce and Capital in Modernist Theatre..
- Daniel K Jernigan. (2010). “Tom Stoppard as Trickster in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.”Blooom's Literary Themes: The Tickster..
- Daniel K Jernigan. (2010). Aidan Higgins Ear PlaysAidan Higgins: The Fragility of Form..
- Daniel K Jernigan. (2010). “Editor’s Introduction,” Aidan Higgins, Darkling Plain: Texts for the AirAidan Higgins, Darkling Plain: Texts for the Air..
- Edited by Daniel K Jernigan. (2010). Aidan Higgins’ Darkling Plain: Texts for the Air, Edited by Daniel Jernigan. University of Illinois Dalkey Archive Press.