|Dr. Stephen Dimmock is an assistant professor of finance at the Nanyang Business School at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. Before joining NBS in June 2010, Dr. Dimmock was an assistant professor of finance at the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University. His research interests include portfolio choice, institutional investors, endowment funds, and behavioral finance.|
Dr. Dimmock received the Commonfund best paper award at the European Finance Association meeting in 2008. He has published in leading finance journals, such as the Review of Financial Studies.
At NBS Dr. Dimmock teaches wealth planning. At Michigan State University, Dr. Dimmock taught investments and received the Finance Department’s “Excellence in Teaching” award. While a Ph.D. student at the University of Illinois, Dr. Dimmock won the Crowley-Santow Award for Teaching Excellence.
- Stephen G. Dimmock and William C. Gerken. (2012). Predicting Fraud by Investment Managers. Journal of Financial Economics, 1(105), 153-173.
- Swagatikia Das, Umashankar Das, Armando Varela-Ramiriz, Carolina Lem, Renato J. Aguilera, Jan Balzarini, Erik De Clercq, Stephen G. Dimmock, Dennis K. J. Gorecki, and Jonathan R. Dimmock. (2011). bis[3,5-bis(Benzylidene)-4-oxo-1-piperidines]: A novel class of antineoplastic agents designed to interact at multiple binding sites. ChemMedChem, Forthcoming.
- Dimmock S.G. (2011). Background Risk and University Endowment Funds. The Review of Economics and Statistics, Forthcoming.
- Stephen G. Dimmock, and Roy Kouwenberg. (2010). Loss-Aversion and Household Portfolio Choice. Journal of Empirical Finance, 17(3), 441-459.
- Louis K. C. Chan, Stephen G. Dimmock, and Josef Lakonishok. (2009). Benchmarking Money Manager Performance: Issues and Evidence. The Review of Financial Studies, 22(11), 4553-4599.