|Desmond R Lim received his Bachelors (94), Masters (94) and Ph.D. (00) from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the field of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. He has been working in the field of semiconductors and photonics for 16 years. Dr Lim is currently a Senrior technology manager in the Directorate of R&D at the Defense Science and Technology Agency, where he manages the R&D programs in the fields of microwave, photonics and electronics. He holds an adjunct appointment at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) where he established a joint research program with NTU NTRC on microwave photonics in 2005. Dr Lim was named in the Technology Review TR100 list as one of the top 100 young inventors worldwide and was also Singapore's first science International Olympiad gold medalist (Physics in 1989). His work on silicon photonics has been reviewed in Science magazine as well as the Wall Street Journal. In 2003, Dr Lim received the National Science and Technology Academy Young Scientist Award. He is the deputy chairman of the IEEE/LEOS chapter in Singapore. His current research interests are in components, subsystems and system applicatons for microwave photonics, photonic sensors and power generation. He is the inventor of 21 US patents with several pending.|
- L. Y. M. Tobing, S. Darmawan, D. R. Lim, T.Mei. (2010). Relaxation of Critical Coupling Condition and Characterization of Coupling-Induced Frequency Shift in Two-Ring Structures. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, 16(1), 77-84.
- C. Y. Ngo, S. F. Yoon, W. K. Loke, Q. Cao, D. R. Lim, Vincent Wong, Y. K. Sim, and S.J. Chua. (2009). 1.3μm electroabsorption modulator with InAs/InGaAs/GaAs quantum dots. 29th Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (CLEO 2009) (pp. 1-2).
- C. Y. Ngo, S. F. Yoon, W. K. Loke, Q. Cao, D. R. Lim, Vincent Wong, Y. K. Sim, and S. J. Chua. (2009). Characteristics of 1.3µm InAs/InGaAs/GaAs quantum dot electroabsorption modulator. Applied Physics Letters, 94(14), 143108.
- C. Y. Ngo, S. F. Yoon, D. R. Lim, Vincent Wong, and S. J. Chua. (2008). Temperature dependent photoluminescence study of 1.3μm undoped InAs/InGaAs/GaAs quantum dots. Applied Physics Letters, 93(04), 041912.
- C. Y. Ngo, S. F. Yoon, W. K. Loke, Q. Cao, D. R. Lim, Vincent Wong, Y. K. Sim, and S. J. Chua. (2008). Investigation of semiconductor quantum dots for waveguide electroabsorption modulator. Nanoscale Research Letters, 3(12), 486-490.