|Asst Prof Wang Desheng|
Division of Mathematical Sciences
School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
College of Science
- PhD Inst of Maths, Chinese Academy of Sci 2001
- MS Xiangtan University 1997
- BS Xiangtan University 1994
|Assistant Prof Wang Desheng is currently in the Division of Mathematical Sciences, School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences since 2005. He received his Bachelor degree in Mathematics from XTU, Master and Ph.D. degrees from XTU and the Institute of Mathematics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. His research interests include Interactive Digital Media, numerical analysis and scientific computing, computational biomedical engineering and computational EM, computational geometry, computational graphics and vision. He has done significant research work his research areas.|
|His research interests include Interactive Digital Media, numerical analysis and scientific computing, computational biomedical engineering and computational EM, computational geometry, computational graphics and vision.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2009-)
- Start Up Grant (2005-)
|Current Projects |
- Adaptive Three Dimensional Finite Element Method Based on Centroidal Voronoi Tessellation and Superconvergence
- Image Restoration, Segmentation and Registration Using Partial Differential Equations
- Reliable & Real-Time Patient-Specific Prediction of Femur Fracture Based on Advanced Finite Element Simulation
- Surface Construction, Compression and Encoding for IDM Applications
- Q.Du, D.Wang, L.Zhou. (2009). On Mesh Geometry and Stiffness Matrix Conditioning for General Finite Element Spaces. SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, .
- Y.Huang,H.Qin, Desheng Wang. (2008). Centroidal Voronoi Tessellation-based Finite Element Superconvergence. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 76(12), 1819 - 1839.
- W.B.Tao, D.Wang , etc. (2008). Image Thresholding Using Graph Cuts. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics - Part A: Systems and Humans, 38(5), 1181-1195.
- Desheng Wang, O.Hassan, K.Morgan and N.P.Weatherill. (2006). EQSM: An Efficient High Quality Surface Grid Generation Method based on Remeshing. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 195, 5621-5633.
- I.Sazonov,Desheng Wang, O.Hassan, N.P.Weatherill and K.Morgan. (2006). A Stitching method of unstructured mesh generation for co-volume solution techniques. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 195(13), 1826-1845.