|Asst Prof Danne Ojeda Hernandez|
School of Art, Design and Media
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Phone: (+65)6513 8242
Office: ART 3-3
- BDes (Graphic Design) Gerrit Rietveld Academie, Amsterdam 2005
- MA (Art History) University of Havana 2000
- BA (Art History) (Hons) University of Havana 1996
|Assistant Prof Danné Ojeda is currently in the School of Art, Design & Media since 2008. She is a transdisciplinary producer that engages graphic design, art practice and theory. She holds a MA in Art History from the Faculty of Arts and Letters, University of Havana, Cuba; and a BDes in Graphic Design from the Gerrit Rietveld Academie, University of Professional Education in Art and Design, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. She has worked as a Professor of Art History at the Higher Institute for the Arts in Havana (1996-2000) and as a guess lecturer at the Faculty of Arts and Letters, University of Havana. She was a UNESCO research fellow at the Jan van Eyck Academy, Institute for Research and Production in Fine Art, Graphic Design and Theory, Maastricht, The Netherlands (2001-2003). She taught graphic design at the Modern International Art and Design Academy, Chongqing Technology and Business University, China (2006-2008). Since 2006, she is a correspondent for Art Notes. International Art and Culture Magazine, New York/Santiago de Compostela, Spain. She is the author and the designer of the book 'Diagonal. Essays on Contemporary Cuban Art', Jan van Eyck Ed., Maastricht, 2003.|
|Her current research is devoted to the disciplinary redefinitions of Graphic Design and its implications in contemporary visual culture. It analyses antithetical aspects within the evolution of graphic design, like its communicative and allegoric nature, autonomy and social commitment, and expressivity and new media standards. The theoretical basis of this research includes binary concepts like natural/artificial, original/copy, public/private, and physical/virtual. The research is methodologically structured upon close readings of a variety of visual objects from the perspective of graphic design. These objects are discusses in connection with different sorts of conceptual platforms, like manifestos, (un)realized projects, curatorial proposals and critical reviews among others sources within today's dominant orientations in graphic design.|
|Research Grant |
- Ojeda, Danne (Art criticism). (2012). Where the Waters Meet. Mariano in the Antinomies of Modern Art (Spanish). Revista Casa de las Americas, 269(Oct-Dec), 28-30.
- Ojeda, Danne (Editorial design). (2011). Book Speak To Me, Walk With Me — Amanda Heng. Singapore Art Museum [English, Chinese and Japanese texts] 228 pp.
- Ojeda, Danne (Design Works in Books: Poster series Design by Subtraction). (2011). Minimalist Graphics. HarperCollins Publishers, UK.
- Ojeda, Danne (Design Works in Books: Book The Path to Modernity). (2011). International Yearbook Communication Design. Red Dot Awards 2010–11. Verlag + Vertrieb weltweit Publisher, Essen. pp. 328–329.
- Ojeda, Danne (Design Works in Books: Poster series Design by Subtraction). (2011). mnm Diseño Gráfico Minimalista. Maomao publications, Barcelona. 2011: 214-215.