|Dr Yang is currently in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering. He received his Bachelor and Master degrees in Mechanics from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and Ph.D. degree from Nanyang Technological Universtiy. His research interests include structural health monitoring, energy harvesting using smart materials and uncertainty analysis in structural systems. He has done significant research work in his research areas and published over 120 top quality international conference and journal papers. He has been often invited as a technical commitee member or referee and reviewer for a number of premier conferences and journals, including SPIE symposium, IEEE congress, Smart materials and structures etc.|
- Autonomous Verification and Validation for Simulation Modeling
- IoT Underground: A Comprehensive Low-Cost and Flexible Intelligent Infrastructure of Subterranean Facilities
- Nano-Mechanical System for Data Storage Application.
- Propagation And Mitigation Of Uncertainity Of Complex Engineering System
- Structural Health and Safety Monitoring of Excavation Support Structures Using Electro-Mechanical Impedance Technique
- The Jurong rock cavern project at Banyan Basin, Jurong Island (JTC C05502007)03: Instrumentations of Underground Caverns and Tunnels During and After Excavation
- UTRE Phase II (POD0814223-PTRC-CEE/DSTA/2009.02)
- Wang HY, Tang LH, Shan XB, Xie T, Yang YW. (2013). Proc. SPIE 8688, Active and Passive Smart Structures and Integrated Systems 2013: Modeling and comparison of cantilevered piezoelectric energy harvester with segmented and continuous electrode configurations. SPIE Smart Structures/NDE (pp. 86882B)SPIE.
- Avvari PV, Tang LH, Yang YW, Soh CK. (2013). Proc. SPIE 8688, Active and Passive Smart Structures and Integrated Systems 2013: Enhancement of piezoelectric energy harvesting with multi-stable nonlinear vibrations. SPIE Smart Structures/NDE (pp. 86882H)SPIE.
- Wu H, Tang LH, Avvari PV, Yang YW, Soh CK. (2013). Proc. SPIE 8688, Active and Passive Smart Structures and Integrated Systems 2013: Broadband energy harvesting using nonlinear 2-DOF configuration. SPIE Smart Structures/NDE (pp. 86880B)SPIE.
- Yang YW, Zhao LY, Tang LH. (2013). Comparative study of tip cross-sections for efficient galloping energy harvesting. Applied Physics Letters, 102(6), 064105.
- Wu H, Tang LH, Yang YW, Soh CK. (2013). A novel two-degrees-of-freedom piezoelectric energy harvester. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, 24(3), 357-368.