|Dr. Liu has about 20 years of experience in environmental biotechnology, and has the interests in biological nutrient removal, biogranulation and biofilm technology, molecular mechanism and cellular signaling of biogranulation, granular sludge membrane bioreactor, enhanced anaerobic process for low-strength organic wastewater treatment and integrated approach for water reclamation.|
- Advancement of two-stage anaerobic Fluidized bed membrane bioreactor of energy positive sewage treatment
- Development of A High Performance Submerged Aerobic Granular Sludge MBR System - Phase 1
- Development of Novel Biorefineries with Food Waste & Substrate
- Integration of Novel Forward Osmosis Membranes and Optimized Bioprocess for Water Reclamation
- MBR Process Modeling And Optimization: Case Study of Ulu Pandan Water Reclamation Plant With Future Scale-Up Considerations
- Optimization of an UASB-Aerobic Ceramic membrane Bioreactor System for Wastewater Treatment
- Shujuan Meng, Harvey Winters, A.G. Fane, Yu Liu, M. Rzechowicz. (2013). Transparent Exopolymer Particles (TEP) and Their Potential Effect on Membrane Biofouling. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, .
- Lay, W.C.L, Zhang, J., Tang, C.Y., Wang, R., Liu, Y. and Fane, A.G. (2012). Analysis of salt accumulation in a forward osmosis system. Separation Science and Technology, 47(13), 1837-1848.
- Li, J. F., *Yang, F.L., Liu, Y., *Li, D. and *Cheng, F.Q. (2012). Microbial community- and biomass characteristics-associated severe membrane fouling during start-up of a hybrid anoxic-oxic membrane bioreactor. Bioresource Technology, 103(1), 43-47.
- Xiong, Y.H. and Liu, Y. (2012). Essential roles of eDNA and AI-2 in aerobic granulation in sequencing batch reactors operated at different settling times. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 93(6), 2645-2651.
- Paul, E. and Liu, Y. (2012). Biological sludge minimization and biomaterials/bioenergy recovery. (pp. 513)..