|Prof Hwang Chuan Yang |
Division of Banking & Finance
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5003
- PhD University of California, Los Angeles 1988
- MBA University of Chicago 1982
- MS National Cheng Kung University 1977
- BS National Cheng Kung University 1975
|Chuan Yang Hwang is currently a professor of finance and the director of the PhD program at Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University. Professor Hwang holds a PhD from UCLA. Before joining Nanyang Technological University, he taught at University at California at Irvine, University of Pittsburgh and Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Professor Hwang has published articles in leading finance journals such as the Journal of Finance, the Review of Financial Studies, and the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis. His research interests are investment and corporate finance. Some of his research has been featured in business publications such as the Wall Street Journal.|
|Prof. Hwang's areas of expertise are investment and corporate finance. His current research works focus on information risk and distress risk.|
|Research Grant |
- RCC (2008-) [by School Research Fund]
|Current Projects |
- Is information Risk Priced?
- George Tom, C. Hwang. (2010). A Resolution of the Distress Risk and Leverage Puzzles in the Cross Section of Stock Returns. Journal of Financial Economics, 96(1), 56-79.
- Tom J. George, Hwang Chuan Yang. (2007). Long Term Retrun Reversal: Overreaction or Taxes?. The Journal of Finance, , 2865-2896.
- T. George, Hwang C. Y. (2004). 52 Week High and Momentum Investing,” Journal of Finance, 2145-2176. The Journal of Finance, , 2145-2176.
- Teoh S,Hwang C. Y. (1991). Nondisclosure and the Disclosure of the Adverse Information as the Signals of the Firm Value. The Review of Financial Studies, 4(2), 283-313.
- M. Grinblatt, Hwang C. Y. (1989). Signaling and the Pricing of New Issues. The Journal of Finance, 44, 393-420.