|Associate Professor Dr WONG Yiik Diew is a faculty member at NTU since 1991. Dr Wong conducts courses in transportation, highway and traffic engineering, road safety engineering, civil engineering materials, statistics and mathematics. Dr Wong is a Principal Investigator in electro-mobility (e-cars) research programme (a TUM-NTU collaboration programme) in the TUM-CREATE Campus. He is a recipient of several MSIWF research grants. Dr Wong is member on the Academic & Industry Work Group (AIG) of the Optimising Use of Space Workgroup in NRF's Land & Liveability National Innovation Challenge (L&L NIC).
Dr Wong is Director of Centre for Infrastructure Systems, and Faculty-in-Charge of Transport & Geospatial Laboratory. He was previously Director of Bachelor of Science (Maritime Studies) Programme, and Deputy Director of Master of Science (Logistics) Programme.
[updated on April 2013]
- A Planning Model for Bunker Risk Management Using Hedging Surcharges and Network Planning
- Aging Population and Road Safety - A Driver's Perspective
- Centre for Infrastructure Systems Block Grant
- Driver Behavioural Adaptation to Underground Road Conditions
- Electromobility in Megacities: Transportation
- Environmental Logistics: The Case of Oil Rig Supply Chain
- Mobility of visually-handicapped pedestrians – crossing behaviour and assistive design/technologies at signalised pedestrian crossings
- Research Study Into Cycling In Singapore
- Research on User Behaviour & Response
- Study of Motorists' Travel Pattern and Choices.
- Study of Transport Energy Efficiency, Methodology, Practice and Policy Effect
- Koh, P. P., Wong, Y. D. & Menon, A. P. G. (2012). Acceptability of audible pedestrian signal noise. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, 17(2), 179-183.
- Kusumawati, A. and Wong, Y.D. (2010). The application of Empirical Bayes approach for identifying and ranking hazardous junctions – case study of Singapore’s signalized junctions. Journal of Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, 8, 2034-2049.
- Leong, E.C., Wong, Y.D., Williams, E.C. (2009). Conceptual framework for comparing university baccalaureate programmes in shipping management. WMU Journal of Maritime Affairs, 8(1), 45-58.
- Wong, Y.D., Sun, DDL,Lai, D. (2007). Value-added utilisation of waste concrete powder in asphalt concrete. Waste Management, 27(2), 294-301.
- Wong, Y.D., Ho, J.S., Foo, H.Y.T. (2004). Left-Turn-On-Red traffic scheme in Singapore. ITE Journal, 74(11), 24-29.