|Professor Chiu is a professor at the Nanyang Business School. He received his PhD in social-personality psychology from Columbia University, and taught at the University of Hong Kong from 1994 to 2002 and the University of Illinois from 2002 to 2008. Professor Chiu is an Elected Member of the Society of Experimental Social Psychology, and the recipient of the Misumi Award (2007) from the Japanese Group Dynamics Association and Asian Association for Social Psychology. He won the Best Paper Award in Conflict Resolution (Academy of Management, 2002), the Otto Klineberg Prize (Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues, 2001), and the Outstanding Young Researcher Award (University of Hong Kong, 2001). Professor Chiu is currently the Editor of two book series published by Oxford University Press (Advances in Culture and Psychology; Frontiers in Culture and Psychology), and Associate Editor of the Journal of Personality and the Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology. He is on the Editorial Boards of the Asian Journal of Social Psychology, Indigenous Psychological Studies, Chinese Journal of Psychology, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, and Social and Personality Psychology Compass.|
- Managing the R & D and Marketing Interface: An Application of The Cultural Competence Model
- Objective and Intersubjective Knowledge in Goal-Directed Information Processing
- Perceptions of Chinese and American Businesses During and After the 2008 Beijing Olympics in Mainland China
- Lin, Q., Lin, H., Chiu, C-y., & Liu, P. (2014). Online collective behaviors in China: Dimensions and motivations.. Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy, .
- Chiu, C-y. (2014). What culture could be?. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, .
- Kwan, L. Y-y., & Chiu, C-y. (2014). Holistic vs. analytic thinking explains collective culpability attribution.. Basic and Applied Social Psychology, .
- Kreuzbauer, R., Chiu, C-y., Bae, S. H., & Lin, S. (2014). When does life satisfaction accompany relational identity signaling: A cross-cultural analysis.. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, .
- Kim, Y-H., Chiu, C-y., Au, E. W. M., Kwak, S. N., & Cho, S. (2014). Aligning inside and outside perspectives of the self: A cross-cultural difference in self-perception.. Asian Journal of Social Psychology, .