|Professor Chiu is a professor at the Nanyang Business School. He received his PhD in social-personality psychology from Columbia University, and taught at the University of Hong Kong from 1994 to 2002 and the University of Illinois from 2002 to 2008. Professor Chiu is an Elected Member of the Society of Experimental Social Psychology, and the recipient of the Misumi Award (2007) from the Japanese Group Dynamics Association and Asian Association for Social Psychology. He won the Best Paper Award in Conflict Resolution (Academy of Management, 2002), the Otto Klineberg Prize (Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues, 2001), and the Outstanding Young Researcher Award (University of Hong Kong, 2001). Professor Chiu is currently the Editor of two book series published by Oxford University Press (Advances in Culture and Psychology; Frontiers in Culture and Psychology), and Associate Editor of the Journal of Personality and the Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology. He is on the Editorial Boards of the Asian Journal of Social Psychology, Indigenous Psychological Studies, Chinese Journal of Psychology, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, and Social and Personality Psychology Compass.|
- Managing the R & D and Marketing Interface: An Application of The Cultural Competence Model
- Objective and Intersubjective Knowledge in Goal-Directed Information Processing
- Perceptions of Chinese and American Businesses During and After the 2008 Beijing Olympics in Mainland China
- Chiu, C-y., Kwan, L. Y-y., & Liou, S. (2013). Culturally motivated challenges to innovations in integrative research: Theory and solutions.. Social Issues and Policy Review, 7, 149-172.
- Chao, M. M., Chiu, C.-y., Chan, W., Mendoza-Denton, R., & Kwok, C. (2013). The model minority as a shared reality and its implication for interracial perceptions. Asian American Journal of Psychology, .
- Kim, Y-H., Cai, H., Gilliand, M., Chiu, C-y., Xia, S., & Tam, K-P. (2012). Standing in the glory or shadow of the past self: Cultures differ in how much the past self affects current subjective well-being.. Emotion, 12, 1111-1117.
- Au, E. W. M., Chiu, C-y., Zhang, Z-X., Mallorie, L., Viswanathan, M., Zhang, Z-X. & Savani, K. (2012). Negotiable fate: Social ecological foundation and psychological functions.. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 43, 931-942.
- Tam, K-P., Leung, A. K-y., Kim, Y-H., Chiu, C-y., Lau, I. Y-M., & Au, A. K. C. (2012). The better-than-average effect in Hong Kong and the U.S.: The role of personal trait importance and cultural trait importance.. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 15, 915-930.