|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Chiu Chi-Yue
Division of Strategy, Management and Organisation
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5687
- PhD Columbia University 1994
- MPhil Columbia University 1993
- MA Columbia University 1991
- MPhil The University of Hong Kong 1990
- BSocSc The University of Hong Kong 1985
|Professor Chiu is a professor at the Nanyang Business School. He received his PhD in social-personality psychology from Columbia University, and taught at the University of Hong Kong from 1994 to 2002 and the University of Illinois from 2002 to 2008. Professor Chiu is an Elected Member of the Society of Experimental Social Psychology, and the recipient of the Misumi Award (2007) from the Japanese Group Dynamics Association and Asian Association for Social Psychology. He won the Best Paper Award in Conflict Resolution (Academy of Management, 2002), the Otto Klineberg Prize (Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues, 2001), and the Outstanding Young Researcher Award (University of Hong Kong, 2001). Professor Chiu is currently the Editor of two book series published by Oxford University Press (Advances in Culture and Psychology; Frontiers in Culture and Psychology), and Associate Editor of the Journal of Personality and the Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology. He is on the Editorial Boards of the Asian Journal of Social Psychology, Indigenous Psychological Studies, Chinese Journal of Psychology, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, and Social and Personality Psychology Compass.|
|Professor Chiu's current research focuses on cultures as knowledge traditions and the social, cognitive, and motivational processes that mediate the construction and evolution of social consensus. He is also interested in the dynamic interactions of cultural identification and cultural knowledge traditions and their implications for cultural competence and intercultural relations.|
- MOE Grant (2013-) [by MOE]
- Managing the R & D and Marketing Interface: An Application of The Cultural Competence Model
- Motivated Decision Making and Self-Presentation: The Role of Accuracy (Assessment) vs. Movement (Locomotion) Motivation
- Objective and Intersubjective Knowledge in Goal-Directed Information Processing
- Perceptions of Chinese and American Businesses During and After the 2008 Beijing Olympics in Mainland China
- Lin, Q., Lin, H., Chiu, C-y., & Liu, P. (2014). Online collective behaviors in China: Dimensions and motivations.. Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy, .
- Chiu, C-y. (2014). What culture could be?. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, .
- Kwan, L. Y-y., & Chiu, C-y. (2014). Holistic vs. analytic thinking explains collective culpability attribution.. Basic and Applied Social Psychology, .
- Kreuzbauer, R., Chiu, C-y., Bae, S. H., & Lin, S. (2014). When does life satisfaction accompany relational identity signaling: A cross-cultural analysis.. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, .
- Kim, Y-H., Chiu, C-y., Au, E. W. M., Kwak, S. N., & Cho, S. (2014). Aligning inside and outside perspectives of the self: A cross-cultural difference in self-perception.. Asian Journal of Social Psychology, .