|Assoc Prof Cheung Chiu-Yee |
Division of Chinese
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
- PhD University of Sydney 1994
- BA Jinan University 1982
|1982, BA. Graduated and received BA from Jinan University, POC. |
1994, PhD. Rewarded by the University of Sydney (Department of Chinese Studies), Australia.
1993-1995, research assistant and research associate at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
1995-2008, lecturer at the University of Queensland, Australia.
2005-2008, coordinator of Chinese Program at the University of Queensland.
2009- , associate professor, Chinese Division, National Technological University.
Since 1999, founding members of the International Society of Study on Modern Chinese Literature in East Asia.
Since 2005, on the editorial board of The International Journal of East Asian Chinese Literature.
|Since 1982, my research has concentrated on a comparison of Lu Xun and Nietzsche. Because of my extensive study of Lu Xun, I am also familiar with the history of modern Chinese literature, Western influence on Chinese writers and thinkers, the intellectual history of modern and contemporary China, and ancient Chinese philosophy. |
Related to their comparison, I have been working on modern Chinese intellectual history, the problems of Chinese culture and modernisation, the influence of Western philosophy and literary theories in China, and Lu Xun’s legacy in contemporary China.
|Research Grant |
- CoHASS Incentive Scheme (2011-)
|Current Projects |
- Hong Kong Chinese Newspaper Censorship (1925-1951)
- The History of the Three Major Chinese book Companies in Singapore and Malaysia
- Chiu-yee Cheung. (2013). Lu Xun’s View of the Awakening of the Chinese People—Was There Really an ‘Epistemological Break’?. Frontiers of Literary Studies in China, 6(3), 410-425.
- Chiu-yee Cheung. (2012). Chong du "Chu guan" de xianshi yuyi《重读〈出关〉的现实寓意》. Zhongguo xiandai wenxue yanjiu, 2012(1), 174-184.
- Chiu-yee Cheung. (2011). “鲁迅与尼采”研究之历史与发展（1918－2007）东西方研究. (pp. 366-382)..
- Chiu-yee Cheung. (2011). 选择反抗的浮萍：鲁迅漂泊精神探源跨海的东亚现代文学：漂泊·流亡·留学. (pp. 167－174)..
- Chiu-yee Cheung. (2011). Lu Xun: Zhongguo "wenhe" de Nicai, 鲁迅： 中国“温和”的尼采，. Beijing: Beijing daxue chubanshe 北京：北京大学出版社.