|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Wong Chen-Hsi
School of Art, Design and Media
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Phone: (+65)6513 8235
Office: ART 4-10
- MFA University of Southern California 2005
- BA Wesleyan University 1999
|Chen-Hsi Wong is a filmmaker and educator. Her debut fiction feature film “Innocents” (2012) premiered in competition at the Rome IFF, and has won awards at prominent international film festivals, including “Best Director - New Talent” at the Shanghai IFF and “Best Screenplay” at Ourense IFF. She is currently working on her next feature project, which was selected for development at the Torino Film Lab 2016. |
Additional fiction work includes the award-winning short film “Who Loves the Sun” (2006), and science fiction short “Dev Null” (2016). Documentary shorts include “Conversations on Sago Lane” (2010), and “Open City at the Smell” (2012), as well as work in a non-directorial capacity on documentaries “Yella Shabab Yella” (2007) as a cinematographer and “Foster Stories” (2005) as a producer.
Films that Chen-Hsi has directed have screened at many international festivals and venues, including Jeonju IFF, Shanghai IFF, Clermont-Ferrand ISFF, Films de Femmes Creteil, Kolkata IFF, Rio de Janeiro IFF, San Francisco Asian-American IFF, New York Asian Cinevision, Rhode Island IFF, IWFF Dortmund/Cologne, Malibu Festival of Film, Los Angeles SFF, Berlin SFF, Singapore IFF, The Director’s Guild of America, Los Angeles Country Museum of Art, and La Cinematheque Francaise Paris.
She is an avid landscape photographer and has directed TV commercials for regional clients in Asia. She wrote her BA (Hons) thesis in aesthetic philosophy at the College of Letters at Wesleyan University, and received her MFA in Film Production from USC’s School of Cinematic Arts.
|Chen-Hsi is interested in local and international content, big or small, as long as it tells a compelling story.|
- CoHASS Incentive Scheme (2016-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- "Warp and Weft":The Economic Impact Of Global Industrializattion On Young Women In The Saree Industry In India And China
- 'Post No Bill': An Experimental Image-Making Series That Addresses The Aesthetic Experience Of Time And Civilisation
- Applied Principles Of Story Architecture In The Asian Genre Film Form NTU's Peaks of Excellence: New Media, Innovation Asia
- Landscapes of Memory and Home
« Back to Research Directory