|Asst Prof Fu Chi Wing|
Division of Visual & Interactive Computing
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4928
- PhD(CompSc) Indiana University 2003
- MS(CompSc) Indiana University 2003
- MPhil(CompSc & Engrg) Chinese University of Hong Kong 1999
- BSc(CompSc & Engrg) Chinese University of Hong Kong 1997
|Chi-Wing Fu joined the school of computer engineering at the Nanyang Technological University as an assistant professor from 2008. He received his B.Sc.(1st Hon) and M.Phil. in Computer Science and Engineering from the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 1997 and 1999, respectively, and his PhD in Computer Science from Indiana University in Bloomington in December, 2003. In 2005, he received the IEEE Transactions on Multimedia Prize Paper Award (an annual award from the IEEE Signal Processing Society) for his paper published in the transaction in 2003. His research interests include tile-based modeling and rendering methods, image-based rendering, texture synthesis, and large-scale astrophysical visualization. He has published papers in top venues, including ACM SIGGRAPH, ACM SIGGRAPH ASIA, ACM CHI (SIGCHI), and IEEE Visualization, and He will be serving as an associate editor of Computer Graphics Forum.|
|Computer graphics, visualization, user interaction, and multimedia|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council - Public Sector Funding (2009-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2012-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2012-)
- Start Up Grant (2008-)
|Current Projects |
- A Comprehensive Study on 3D Tile-based Geometric Modeling
- All-Scale Digital Planetarium with Multi-touch Exploration
- New Directions in Four-Dimensional Mathematical Visualization
- Novel Interaction Techniques to Explore and Visualize Medical Volume Data
- Tile-based Surface Modeling and Rendering
- Hongwei Li, Li-Yi Wei, Pedro V. Sander, and Chi-Wing Fu. (2010). Anisotropic Blue Noise Sampling. ACM Transactions on Graphics, .
- Chi-Wing Fu, Chi-Fu Lai, Ying He, and Daniel Cohen-Or. (2010). K-set Tilable Surfaces. ACM SIGGRAPH, .
- Tai-Pang Wu, Chi-Wing Fu, Sai-Kit Yeung, Jiaya Jia, and Chi-Keung Tang. (2010). Modeling and Rendering of Impossible Figures. ACM Transactions on Graphics, 29(2), article 13.
- Kui-Yip Lo, Chi-Wing Fu, and Hongwei Li. (2009). 3D Polyomino Puzzle. ACM Transactions on Graphics, 28(5), 8.
- Johannes Kopf, Chi-Wing Fu, Daniel Cohen-Or, Oliver Deussen, Dani Lischinski, and Tien-Tsin Wong. (2007, August ). Solid Texture Synthesis from 2D Exemplars. Paper presented at ACM SIGGRAPH 2007, Los Angeles, California.