|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Pham Quang Cuong
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Phone: +65 67905597
Office: N3 02C 90
|Cuong was born in Hanoi, Vietnam and grew up in Vietnam and then in France. He graduated from École Normale Supérieure rue d'Ulm, France, in 2007. He obtained a PhD in Neuroscience from Université Paris VI and Collège de France in 2009. In 2010, he was a Visiting Researcher at the University of São Paulo, Brazil. From 2011 to 2013, he was as a Fellow of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), doing research in Robotics at the University of Tokyo. He joined NTU as an Assistant Professor in 2013. He was the recipient of the Best Paper Award at the conference Robotics: Science and Systems, 2012. His team won the second prize at the Airbus Shopfloor Challenge at ICRA 2016.|
|- Motion planning for service and industrial robots|
- Locomotion and motor control in humans
- Nonlinear contraction theory
- Neural networks, computational neuroscience
- Modeling of the human musculo-skeletal system
- Human posture control and sleepiness
- Factory automation with contacts in unstructured environments
- Programme: Building and Construction
- Robotic precision drilling system for unstructured environments
- Towards Robotic Dexterous and Bimanual Manipulation in Microworld
- Huy Nguyen and Quang-Cuong Pham. (2018). On the Covariance of X in AX=XB. IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 34(6), 1651-1658.
- Jian Hui Lim, Biranchi Panda and Quang-Cuong Pham. (2018). "Improving flexural characteristics of 3D printed geopolymer composites with in-process steel cable reinforcement. Construction and Building Materials, .
- Francisco Suárez-Ruiz, Teguh Santoso Lembono, Quang-Cuong Pham. (2018). RoboTSP - A Fast Solution to the Robotic Task Sequencing Problem. 2018 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) (pp. 1-6)Brisbane, Australia: IEEE.
- Francisco Suárez-Ruiz, Xian Zhou, Quang-Cuong Pham. (2018). Can robots assemble an IKEA chair?. Science Robotics, 3(17), 2018.
- Q.-C. Pham, S. Caron, P. Lertkultanon, Y. Nakamura. (2017). Admissible Velocity Propagation: beyond quasi-static path planning for high-dimensional robots. International Journal of Robotics Research, 36(1), 44-67.
« Back to Research Directory