|Dr Guan Cuntai is a Principal Scientist and Department Head at Institute for Infocomm Research, A*STAR, Singapore. He is an adjunct staff in the School of Computer Engineering since Aug 2008. He received his Ph.D. degree in electrical and electronic engineering from Southeast University in 1993. He established brain-computer interface research at Institute for Infocomm Research (http://nsp.i2r.a-star.edu.sg/). He is now the Department Head of Neural & Biomedical Technology Department at Institute for Infocomm Research. His current research interests include brain-computer interface, neural signal processing, machine learning, pattern classification, and statistical signal processing, with applications to cognitive training, neuro rehabilitation, and health monitoring. He has published over 160 peer-reviewed journal and conference papers. He holds 13 granted patents and applications. He received several awards for his contributions in research and development of Brain-Computer Interfaces, including Annual BCI Research Award 2010, IES Prestigious Engineering Achievement Award 2009, Achiever of the Year Award 2011. He has delivered over 30 invited and keynote talks. He is an Associate Editor for Frontiers in Neuroprosthetics, IEEE Access and IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering.|
- Haihong Zhang, Huijuan Yang; Cuntai Guan. (2013). Bayesian Learning for Spatial Filtering in EEG-based Brain-Computer Interface. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 24(7), 1-12.
- Mahnaz Arvaneh, Cuntai Guan, Kai Keng Ang, Chai Quek. (2013). Optimizing Spatial Filters by Minimizing Within-class Dissimilarities in EEG-based BCI. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 24(4), 610-619.
- Haiping Lu, Yaozhang Pan, Bappaditya Mandal, How-Lung Eng, Cuntai Guan and Derrick W. S. Chan. (2013). Quantifying Limb Movements in Epileptic Seizures through Color-based Video Analysis. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 60(2), 461-469.
- Choon Guan Lim, Tih Shih Lee, Cuntai Guan, Daniel Fung, Yudong Zhao, Stephanie Sze Wei Teng, Haihong Zhang and Ranga Krishnan,. (2012). A Brain-Computer Interface Based Attention Training Program for Treating Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. PLOS ONE, 7(10), e46692. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0046692.
- Kai Keng Ang, Zheng Yang Chin, Haihong Zhang, Cuntai Guan. (2012). Mutual Information-based Selection of Optimal Spatial-temporal Patterns for Single-trial EEG-based BCIs. Pattern Recognition, 45(6), 2137–2144.