|Dr. Toh obtained his Bachelor of Science (Direct Hons) and Masters of Science at the National University of Singapore. He subsequently further his graduate studies at the University of Southampton, U.K., working with Phil Bartlett on electrochemical biosensors. Thereafter, he continued his postdoctoral work at the California Institute of Technology with Nathan Lewis on nanostructured materials. He was Senior Tutor, Research Fellow and Assistant Professor with NUS before joining NTU in 2010. His other professional experiences are: Co-organizer, Recent Advances in Electrochemcial INstrumentation and Electrodes, 63rd Annual Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry, Aug 19-24, Nice France (2010); Regional Organizing Committee member, 2nd Regional Electrochemistry Meeting of South-East Asia, Thailand, 16-19 Nov (2010); Co-organizer, Environment, Water and Analytical Electrochemistry, 61st Annual Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry, Sep 26-Oct 1, Nice France (2010); Editor, Malaysian Journal of Chemistry, Special Issue, AsiaAnalysis Conference (2009); Vice-Chair, Division 1: Analytical Electrochemistry, International Society of Electrochemistry (2009- ); Founding Chair, 1st Regional Electrochemistry Meeting of South-East Asia, Singapore, 5-7 Aug (2008); Member, Engell Prize Award Committee, International Society of Electrochemistry; Co-Chair, Analytical, Environment and Green Chemistry, Singapore International Chemical Conference-5, Singapore, 17-19 December (2007); Reviewer for Talanta, Bioinspiration & Biomimetics, Electrochimica Acta, Surface and Interface analysis, Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, Electroanalysis, Journal of Chemical Education, Surface and Interface analysis; Malaysian Journal of Chemistry; Honorary Treasurer, Singapore National Institute of Chemistry (2005-2007); Guest Editor, Electrochimica Acta, Special Issue, ISE Spring Meeting (2006); Chair, Local Organizing Committee, International Society of Electrochemistry Spring Meeting, Singapore,17-20 April (2006)|
- Development of Fast Response, Sensitive and Selective Biosensor Probe System for Dengue and its Serotypes for Use at Point-of-Cares in Singapore
- Electroantennogram for the Study of Attractants of the Aedes Mosquitoes
- Identification of DNA Bases using Tailored Nanoporous Alumina
- Nanoscale Bioanalytical Chemistry/Electroanalytical Chemistry
- Cheng MS, Ho JS, Lau SH, Chow VTK, Toh CS. (2013). Impedimetric Microbial Sensor for Real-Time Monitoring of Phage Infection of Escherichia coli. Biosensors & Bioelectronics, 47, 340-344.
- Rai V, Toh CS. (2013). Electrochemical Amplification Strategies in DNA Nanosensors. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Letters, 5, 1-11.
- Wei YY, Wong LP, Toh CS. (2013). Fuel Cell Virus Sensor using Virus Capture within Antibody-coated Nanochannels. Analytical Chemistry, 85, 1350-57.
- Rai V, Hapuarachchi HC, Ng LC, Soh SH, Sin LY, Toh CS. (2012). Ultrasensitive cDNA detection of Dengue Virus RNA using Electrochemical Nanoporous Membrane-based Biosensor. PLoS ONE, 7(8), e42346.
- Rai V, Deng JJ, Toh CS. (2012). Electrochemical Nanoporous Alumina Membrane-based Label-free DNA Biosensor for the Detection of Legionella sp.. Talanta, 98, 112-117.