|Assoc Prof Teng Susanto |
Division of Structures and Mechanics
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5289
- PhD University of Iowa 1991
- MSCE University of Iowa 1987
- BSCE University of Iowa 1986
|Dr. Susanto Teng joined NTU in 1991 as a Lecturer. He received his PhD in Structural Engineering from the University of Iowa in 1991 and is now an Associate Professor in the school of Civil and Environmental Engineering, NTU.
He has taught several courses in the area of concrete structures, steel structures, and analysis and design of tall buildings.
His area of academic interest is related to the behaviour and design of of concrete and prestressed concrete structures (slabs, flat slabs, beams, columns, joints, time-dependent deflections, etc) under various loading conditions. He has published a number of technical papers in his areas of interest.
Dr. Teng has also been an expert consultant to a number of construction projects involving flat plate structures, tall condominiums, precast buildings, large prestressed girders and water tanks, as well as investigation on structural collapse.
|Dr. Teng's research interest covers wide areas related to the behaviour of concrete structures under various static and dynamic loading, such as: behaviour of precast joints and buildings subjected to earthquake and blast loading, design of prestressed and reinforced concrete flat plate and flat slab floor systems, punching shear and moment transfer in slab-column connections, high-strength concrete columns, strut-and-tie modeling of concrete members, finite element analysis of concrete structures, behaviour of tall buildings subjected to wind and earthquake forces, etc.
Some of his current research activities include: slab-column connections subjected to gravity and bi-directional lateral loadings, Strut-and-Tie Model for concrete members, strength of high strength concrete columns, tall buildings subjected to wind loads.
|Research Grant |
- Land Transport Authority Grant (2009-) [by Land Transport Authority (LTA)]
- NRF Competitive Research Program (2010-) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- ceEntek Pte Ltd (2012-)
|Current Projects |
- Development of Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Ultra High Performance Concrete (CNT-UHPC)
- Durability Of Tiled-Wall And Composite Systems Under Differential Movements. (Phase 2)
- Research and tests on the mechanical properties of steel fibre reinforced concrete segmental linings
- Underwater Infrastructure and Underwater City of the Future_Project 1: New Concrete, Reinforcing Materials & Structural Design Consideration
- Underwater Infrastructure and Underwater City of the Future_Project 2: Innovative Soil Treatment & Foundation Methods
- Underwater Infrastructure and Underwater City of the Future_Project 3: Hydrodynamic Consideration
- Anggadjaja, E and Teng, S. (2008). Edge-Column Slab Connections under Gravity and Lateral Loading. ACI Structural Journal, .
- Wang, W. Y. and Teng, S. (2008). Finite Element Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Flat Plate Structures By Layered Shell Element. Journal of Structural Engineering, .
- Liu, Y. ; Teng, S.; Soh, C.K. (2008). Three-Dimensional Damage Model for Concrete - Part I : Theory. Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 134(1), 72-81.
- Liu, Y. ; Teng, S.; Soh, C.K. (2008). Three-Dimensional Damage Model for Concrete - Part II : Verification. Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 134(1), 82-89.