|Assoc Prof Cheng Niansheng|
Division of Environmental and Water Resources Engineering
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6936
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 1998
- MS Nanjing Hydraulic Research Institute 1987
- BS Wuhan Univ of Hydraulic & Electric Engrg 1984
|Dr. Cheng Nian-Sheng is an Associate Professor in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering. He previously worked as a Research Engineer at Nanjing Hydraulic Research Institute and an Assistant Research Professor at the Technical University of Denmark. His research interests include hydraulics and sediment transport, with special emphasis on particle-flow interactions and their applications in environmental and river processes. Prof Cheng has published more than 60 journal papers. He is the recipient of Scientific and Technological Achievement (1992, 2nd Class), Ministry of Transportation, China; and The Karl Emil Hilgard Hydraulic Prize (2005), American Society of Civil Engineers, USA.|
|Prof Cheng Nian-Sheng's areas of expertise are hydraulics, sediment transport and turbulence. His current research works focus on open channel flows with vegetation, turbulent flows over dune-covered bed, and simultaneous measurements of two-phase flows.|
|Research Grant |
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore - NTU (2007-) [by Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)]
- Q. Zhou, Cheng N. S. (2008). Experimental investigation of single particle settling in turbulence generated by oscillating grid. Chemical Engineering Journal, .
- Lu, Y., Chiew, Y. M., Cheng, N. S. (2008). Review of seepage effects on turbulent open-channel flow and sediment entrainment. Journal of Hydraulic Research, 46(4), 476-488.
- Cheng, N. S. (2008). Formulas for friction factor in transitional regimes. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering-Asce, 134(9), 1357-1362.
- Cheng, N. S. (2008). Comparison of settling-velocity-based formulas for threshold of sediment motion. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering-Asce, 134(8), 1136-1141.
- Cheng N. S., Hao ZY., , and Tan S. K. (2008). Comparison of Quadratic and Power Law for Nonlinear Flow through Porous Media. Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, .